Prefab distance rendering once placed?

I've finished a prefab thanks to the help here (where'd the thread go?) and have made a copy of Navezgane to place it in so I can find and test with it. However, I am having a strange problem with it. While I can see the normal prefabs miles away, mine does not show until I am almost on top of it. On top of that, there was a small piece of land jutting up in two spots and while the prefab placed and erased those, every time you zone in there is a 2x1 section of floating dirt in the area. How can I get the place to render at a greater distance and how can I remove the floating dirt?

If you place the prefab manually, you normally want to reset the chunk after placing it.  That should fix your floating dirt, I believe.  As far as the distance viewing, make sure you update imposters in your prefab once you've finished making it.  I think that will solve the distance viewing problem.  Note that distance viewing of prefabs only works for those who have the prefab installed on their computer.  Anyone without it will not see it at a distance.

I have never messed with imposters. I am an Unreal Engine guru starting in 1997. We don't have to do all that in UE and I suppose I expected it to just work here too. No big deal, live and learn, and it sounds like those are my two issues. Thank you! I'll go try them now.

If I update the imposters, will it just work in the world I edited, or do I need to import the prefab into the world again?

*UPDATE*

Okay, updating the imposter fixed the distance thing, but running "ChunkReset" did nothing. Reloading chunks did nothing. The terrain still appears to be there until you're right onto the base, then it disappers and leaves floating things, as pictured below. One is directly to my right, and one is under the crosshair, further away.

251570_20230521170437_1.png

Edited by The_Great_Sephiroth (see edit history)

You might try deleting the prefab, leveling the terrain normally instead of letting the POI replace it, then place the POI back again.  I know I've seen floating terrain that you can't destroy before.  Never took time to really figure out how to fix it, though.  You could also build terrain up to that piece and try to get it to connect to something (after removing the POI) and then destroy the terrain down to flat and place the POI again.  One last option would be to add something to the POI that would increase the height of the POI far enough to overlap that floating terrain and see if that helps.