Happy to Venmo/Paypal someone to create a modlet that removes guns/ammo from loot/recipes

Seriously, I'd rather pay someone $15 than try to figure it out myself. My kids take up most of my non-gaming time. Traders are not a big issue as I use a "no trader" mod to remove them, but feel free to get rid of guns from traders as well. I just want to experience the game from a pure loot/crafting experience, with guns being non-existent. However, still want bows/xbows available. If you could, replace gun/ammo in loot with wood, scrap iron or similar. I found this in a forum post if that helps: 

<set xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup/item[contains(@name='ammo')]/@name">resourceScrapIron</set>

Appreciate any takers!

Edited by ZombieMikeG (see edit history)

Will take a bit longer than expected though.

I got the loot changes made, but adding some more QoL changes to go with the spirit of what you are wanting:

Completed

• Removed guns from loot - replaced with one forged iron
  • Changed ammo to gunpowder
  • Remove gun parts from loot - replaced with scrap iron

Left to do

• Removing mods that only affect guns
  • Removing the schematics for guns and the mods above
  • Removing the recipes and unlocks for guns (so you don't see them anymore)
  • Removing perk books for guns

Also are explosives still good?  I did remove the rocket launcher but left everything else in.

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Will take a bit longer than expected though.

Also are explosives still good?  I did remove the rocket launcher but left everything else in.

You rock! Yep, I'm fine with molotovs, explosives, etc. Gun mods are not a big issue as I can scrap them (and no temptation to use them without guns), if that saves you a lot of time and/or hassle. I mean, honestly, don't think having looted recipes/schematics in is a huge deal either since you took out the parts to craft them. I could just scrap for paper. Just trying to save you effort if it becomes too burdensome. 😊

I'm hoping other folks will also want to try this and make it even more worth your time. 

@ZombieMikeG Sorry about that, had a field trip with my oldest son in the week so I been away for a few days and then catching back up on work

Link below for the modlet

https://github.com/BFT2020/No-Guns.git

Everything loaded up fine, but haven't play-tested it.  If you need changes, just reach out to me and I can make adjustments (probabilities, counts, etc).

Changes

• Removed guns, ammo for guns, and specific ammo crafting elements for guns from the loot tables
  • Removed the above from trader quest rewards
  • Removed the above from trader inventories 
  • Removed the above crafting recipes
  • Removed the above perks

Did note change

• Left all the perk books alone
  • Left the weapon mods alone

image.thumb.jpeg.acde96c801d6973dd67ab72d0a900276.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

Wow! Thank you so much! As a K-6 teacher and parent myself, I completely understand the delay. Sorry for my own delay getting back to you, end of year teaching (1 week left) is crazy hectic, haha.  

Edit: Coincidentally, I just found your no fog modlet as well. So thank you x2!