Is there a plan to return to survival horror?

On 5/28/2023 at 1:37 AM, Roland said:

I feel like the challenge of the early game has fluctuated over time.

What challenge?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm also one of those that can't play on defaults any more. So far though, I have been very happy that vanilla options exist to do e.g. permadeath run, no traders, 50% loot, random blood-moon etc. I perfectly understand that I'm in minority there, and I *want* devs to focus on income and audience so *I* get more of what I want in future releases. 

What I would like to see is more of such options in vanilla itself, and implemented better. Reducing loot is far from ideal, due to loot calculations (e.g. you need  zillion nests to find 2 eggs etc, I don't know whether a21 fixes this), or stuff that you can get only from traders, etc. Sometimes I fiddle with XMLs myself, but it's far from ideal. It's rare that I have time to do it, including finding out imbalances for my own settings in the first place.

Just keeping at least some focus on open-style play, is probably what I'm trying to state as my wish. Not saying it's easy, though.

Edited by ijese (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, ijese said:

What challenge?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm also one of those that can't play on defaults any more. So far though, I has been very happy that vanilla options exist to do e.g. permadeath run, no traders, 50% loot, random blood-moon etc. I perfectly understand that I'm in minority there, and I *want* devs to focus on income and audience so *I* get more of what I want in future releases. 

What I would like to see is more of such options in vanilla itself, and implemented better. Reducing loot is far from ideal, due to loot calculations (e.g. you need  zillion nests to find 2 eggs etc, I don't know whether a21 fixes this), or stuff that you can get only from traders, etc. Sometimes I fiddle with XMLs myself, but it's far from ideal. It's rare that I have time to do it, including finding out imbalances for my own settings in the first place.

Just keeping at least some focus on open-style play, is probably what I'm trying to state as my wish. Not saying it's easy, though.

It has more options for play style than a lot of games out there.  And more friendly to modding too.   I think of how Skyrim is and see this game getting to that point.