Underground prefab instructions?

Jugginator, I know we talked, but I can't figure this out with the tool or the selection. I need instructions somewhere that I can reference and I cannot find a single guide on building a prefab that's underground, so I figure if I can get an answer here it will be here for everybody in the future. Also, when I take a break and return and need to rebuild a prefab, I can have a set of instructions for a starting point.

Okay, so I am trying to build a prefab that has both an above-ground part and a below-ground part. The above-ground is easy to do, but I cannot figure out how to build below ground-level in the prefab editor. I have tried selecting areas and using "L" or "J" and nothing happens. How do I build a trench or an underground tunnel in the prefab editor?

On the third tab (Level Tools 2), there's a button where you can move the entire prefab upward.  You can also lower (and raise) the ground plane, but it does have a bottom limit.  So, the best bet is to move the entire prefab upward enough so you have a decent amount of space underneath it where you can build.  Once you've got it deep enough, you can move up the ground plane to match the final ground level.