dedicated server serveradmin.xml resets

Dragonman

I am setting up a dedicated server at home. I have everything running but every time I change the serveradmin.xml file to add an admin, it gets reset when I start up the server. the dedicated server program is on my (F:) drive and the appdata > roaming >save files have been put on the (C:) drive somehow.

Is there any way to fix this?

The only thing I am writing in on the server admin.xml file is <!-- <admin steamID="687411984981228314" permission_level="0" /> -->

I have added it  to the admin section and have also tried deleting the test ones originally on there to show you how to do it. nothing else has been changed on the serveradmin.xml file.   the steam ID I left on here is not my own I changed it  to be put on here publicly. 

I am pretty new to having my own dedicated server but I have hosted rented servers and know how to change the serveradmin settings in the XML file. I just have never done it on a home server. I have tried a few things but every time I start up my dedicated server the file gets rewritten. Do I need to move the %appdata% path file somewhere else? If so how do I get the game to see it there or whatever lol