Potential upcoming POI projects: Japanese Castle, and Sandcrawler

shoujax

--------------------

| Japanese castle |

--------------------

Awhile back, in A19, i tried to make a Japanese castle. i made the structure; but not before A20 released(which overhauled the building system, making it unusable in said alpha), and it got me to realize how little i knew about Japanese culture and history. If i *were* to make another Japanese castle, is there someone(or people?) who know enough about said subject to help me out?

----------------

| Sandcrawler |

----------------

After A20 released, i started building a sandcrawler in the POI editor. It's nowhere near finished; but if i happen to finish it, could i release it without legal repercussions?

-----------

| Overall |

-----------

This is my first post on this forum, so i don't know if this is an option; but if i can, i might try updating this in the future(and maybe post screenshots if allowed)

Edited by shoujax (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, shoujax said:

--------------------

| Japanese castle |

--------------------

Awhile back, in A19, i tried to make a Japanese castle. i made the structure; but not before A20 released(which overhauled the building system, making it unusable in said alpha), and it got me to realize how little i knew about Japanese culture and history. If i *were* to make another Japanese castle, is there someone(or people?) who know enough about said subject to help me out?

----------------

| Sandcrawler |

----------------

After A20 released, i started building a sandcrawler in the POI editor. It's nowhere near finished; but if i happen to finish it, could i release it without legal repercussions?

-----------

| Overall |

-----------

This is my first post on this forum, so i don't know if this is an option; but if i can, i might try updating this in the future(and maybe post screenshots if allowed)

Welcome. 

You can save your a19 prefabs and bring them into a20 with a script that TFP released. 

start game in a20 (make sure the prefabs you want from a19 to save is in your LocalPrefabs folder or for the time being til it is removed the data?prefabs folder.) 
and as soon as you get to the game menu  hit f1. 

enter this in the console - ```prefabupdater loadtable``` enter
then enter this in the console - ```prefabupdater updateblocks``` then enter. 

your prefab you thought was lost is now in a20. There maybe a couple of blocks that may need to be hand replaced tho. 
When you get into the editor and to your prefab f1 for console and it will tell you in yellow what has to be replaced by hand still. 

No legal repucussions 

Stallionsden

Just want to add info on the legal question.  As long as you share the work freely, there are no legal issues with releasing the POIs.  If you charge people to download your creation, then there can be legal issues as the file is using TFPs tools and code, so it is owned by TFP - They are doing that to prevent people from charging for others to play their mods.

You can ask for donations (I have seen requests for people to buy X a cup of coffee  😉  ) but it can't be required for access.