XPath - entityclasses.xml - PlayerExpGain

Hello Guys i´m struggling with some xpath lines, i want to make a game without exp gain when you kill a zombie,harvesting,repairing, etc , just learning the schematics gives you exp and quests.

entityclasses.xml line 227 -248

<!-- Notes from meeting 03 Jun
				increase upgrade xp by 500%
				increase repair xp by 1000%
				nerf quest XP 50%
				nerf kill 25%

remove sell xp (to be determined)

PlayerExpGain,   Tags:  Kill, Harvesting, Upgrading, Crafting, Selling, Quest, Looting, Party, Other
		-->

<!-- wasteland gamestage bonus
		<passive_effect name="GameStage" operation="base_add" value="75">
			<requirement name="InBiome" biome="8"/>
		</passive_effect>
		-->

<!-- <passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value=".2" tags="Repairing"/>
		<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="-.25" tags="Kill"/>
		<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="-.5" tags="Quest"/>
		-->
		<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="5" tags="Upgrading"/>

<configs>
<!--
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='PlayerExpGain']/@value">-1</set>
-->
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'player')]/property[@name='ExperienceGain']/@value">0</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'zombie')]/property[@name='ExperienceGain']/@value">0</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'animal')]/property[@name='ExperienceGain']/@value">0</set>

<append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class/[@name='playerMale']">  

<effect_group name="PlayerExpGain">
		<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="-1" tags="Kill"/>
		<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="-1" tags="Harvesting"/>
		<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="-1" tags="Upgrading"/>
		<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="-1" tags="Crafting"/>
		<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="-1" tags="Selling"/>
	</effect_group>

</append>	
</configs>

<!--
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='PlayerExpGain']/@value">-1</set>
--> thats working but how i can set/edit the tag to ?

or/and

how i can make this correct for the tags for the kill,harvesting upgrading etc ?

Edited by M1cromanagement (see edit history)

Not entirely sure what you're looking for, as the stuff in your configs mod file dont exist in vanilla. Are you trying to mod a mod's configs?
If i understand, you want to change the value of the tags property... if that's what you're after, simply change the @value to @tags in your set xpath.

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='PlayerExpGain']/@tags">yourtagshere</set>

If that's not what you're wanting, it's a bit hard for me to picture what you're after, since that effect group doesnt exist in vanilla files.

yeah like that ! :D  but i got confused, i want to make for example 5 seperate lines... for upgrading to selling and make a value to

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='PlayerExpGain']/@tags">Upgrading</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='PlayerExpGain']/@tags">Kill</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='PlayerExpGain']/@tags">Harvesting</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='PlayerExpGain']/@tags">Crafting</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='PlayerExpGain']/@tags">Selling</set>

or im changing the whole time the first line from upgrading to harvesting to upgrading to selling.

or it makes a new one ?

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='PlayerExpGain']/@tags">Upgrading</set>

these two lines i want to create in one line

and the final idea is like that

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='PlayerExpGain']/@tags">Kill</set>

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='PlayerExpGain']/@tags">Harvesting</set>

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='PlayerExpGain']/@tags">Crafting</set>

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='PlayerExpGain']/@tags">Selling</set>

that i have got 5 lines with a value change and a tag change.

If that's not what you're wanting, it's a bit hard for me to picture what you're after, since that effect group doesnt exist in vanilla files.

so i need to "append xpath" ?

Edited by M1cromanagement (see edit history)

Ok i think i get you now... you're wanting to add those additional playerexp things, but your original xpath wasnt working. Looking back on it, you had the right idea, just wrong xpath.

<append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']">  

This one is what you need. That will add the effectgroup of playerexpgains you're wanting to put in. What you had currently in the original post was /entity_class/[@name.... so you were close, just one / too many.

sorry didnt write back after it worked ! was quite late

<configs>

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'player')]/property[@name='ExperienceGain']/@value">0</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'zombie')]/property[@name='ExperienceGain']/@value">0</set>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'animal')]/property[@name='ExperienceGain']/@value">0</set>

<append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group">
	<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="-1" tags="Kill"/>
	<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="base_set" value="0" tags="Harvesting"/>
	<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="-1" tags="Crafting"/>
	<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="-1" tags="Selling"/>
	<passive_effect name="PlayerExpGain" operation="perc_add" value="-1" tags="Looting"/>
</append>

</configs>

I'll have to look into the perc_add and base_set options, but I can work with them now and slowly move on to the next one