Dedicated server and Steam server Browser

merlin3of5

Not sure if anyone has seen this issue but I seem to be having an issue getting the Steam server browser to see my dedicated server. I spun up a dedicated server in docker using "vinanrra/7dtd-server". Server is able to fully come up and I can join the server without issue through the 7dtd server browser built into the game. The issue I am finding is that for some reason, if I go to to "servers" from within steam, and then search for my server, it does not pull anything up. I made sure that I am port forwarding the below ports through my firewall. (PFSense) Since, the server is up and able to connect, the only thing I can think of is that I do not have a correct port for the steam server browser set somewhere in the docker container? If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

#Ports specified in documentation.

#Port for WEBSERVER https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Server fixes. Funny enough, even this works.

# Added to see if this would allow steam server browser to work. No luck.

#Note, I also set both server network protocols to disabled. This seems to make no difference in being able to view the server through Steam's server browser.
<property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols"    value="LiteNetLib, SteamNetworking"/>

You need port 26900 tcp and the ports 26901-26903 upd. The other ports are for special cases I think, not needed for playing or the browser.

You also need a current serverconfig.xml and set the new properties "Region" and "Language" to correct values.

Disabling both network protocols is an interesting experiment but not helpful if you want it to work. SteamNetworking is for cases where the ports are not forwarded, if you did it right your server should be able to use litenetlib

I believe I have the region and Language set correctly. Below contains that section of the config. I also added screenshots of the issue.

<property name="ServerName"                        value="ManaBurner 7Days to Die"/>
    <property name="ServerDescription"                value="A 7 Days to Die server"/>
    <property name="ServerWebsiteURL"                value="https://manaburner.com"/>
    <property name="ServerPassword"                    value="***********"/>
    <property name="ServerLoginConfirmationText"    value="" />
    <property name="Region"                            value="NorthAmericaEast" />
    <property name="Language"                        value="English" />

<!-- Networking -->
    <property name="ServerPort"                        value="26900"/>
    <property name="ServerVisibility"                value="2"/>
    <property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols"    value="LiteNetLib, SteamNetworking"/>
    <property name="ServerMaxWorldTransferSpeedKiBs" value="512"/>

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've seen this multiple times however have not heard of a fix. For some reason, Steam server browser gets the 'Server is not responding' message but the game browser shows the server information. Fortunately, at least in my opinion, most people use the game browser vs the Steam browser.