Template base on 8k map

Burialfaith

Greetings,

After having lost a 250h save game, I first decided to continue playing the game, and then created a prefab world and built a template base at the very center of the map which I thought to share here with other players. The template base was designed to be basic in order to be personalized by various users.

Thus, I generated an 8k map with Snow lands at the north of the map, Desert land at the west and with a high portion of Pine Forest land. The map has many lakes and mountains (and towns). The template base is located at the center of the map and is surrounded by close-by towns in each biome (to reduce time spent traveling). The base is mainly two "tops of mountains" chopped at the same height, with a house (with garden on top) on one mountain and a "colosseum" on the other mountain designed as a red moon fight stadium. Colosseum was built on a mountain so it can be used both for building in height as well as creating a deep underground base in the mountain or below). Both the house and the colosseum are linked by a bridge and they also both have a ramp for easy vehicle access.

The map can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1obGM_1ek8ePkA05mBUkO5pEOoY0oMK1T/view?usp=share_link

Enjoy!

B

thumbnail_IMG_5863.jpg

aaa.jpg

aa.jpg

Edited by Burialfaith (see edit history)

• Burialfaith changed the title to Template base on 8k map
  • 1 month later...
On 1/8/2023 at 3:32 PM, CrypticGirl said:

I downloaded this map, but don't see that structure in the center of the map.  If I'm not mistaken, there should be a prefab that we'd have to install along with the map itself.

In order to make this work you have to drop the map "Eyoe Mountains" from the shared "Generated Worlds" folder into  your Generated Worlds folder. Then you also need to drop the savegame "Eyoe Mountains" from the shared "Saves" folder in your Saves folder. Otherwise when starting the map it will be started as a fresh generation and any player changes such as building on, or destruction of the map will not exist.

This could also be made into a standalone POI with the standard export methods, though the way it's integrated into the terrain of this map may make that a bit odd. Here's one of several good demos:

Edited by Deverezieaux (see edit history)

On 1/9/2023 at 4:54 PM, Deverezieaux said:

In order to make this work you have to drop the map "Eyoe Mountains" from the shared "Generated Worlds" folder into  your Generated Worlds folder. Then you also need to drop the savegame "Eyoe Mountains" from the shared "Saves" folder in your Saves folder. Otherwise when starting the map it will be started as a fresh generation and any player changes such as building on, or destruction of the map will not exist.

This could also be made into a standalone POI the standard export methods, though the way it's integrated into the terrain of this map may make that a bit odd. Here's one of several good demos:

I assume from there we would have to continue the game with that save file?  If so, I can't get it to show up in my game after copying it into the Saves folder, and I can't understand why. 

Correct. I was able to get it to show up by continuing that save, though it took a minute to find as you have to be fairly close for it to load in and see it. You may need to slowly fly around the area low to the ground for it to load in. I warped by it several times before I located it.

7 minutes ago, Deverezieaux said:

Correct. I was able to get it to show up by continuing that save, though it took a minute to find as you have to be fairly close for it to load in and see it. You may need to slowly fly around the area low to the ground for it to load in. I warped by it several times before I located it.

What I mean is that that save isn't showing up in my saved game list in the continue game menu.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.... Interesting. Once added to the local saves the "Eyoe Mountains" save should appear in your continue menu as pictured here:

maptest.jpg.5b9e1eac0f73cefd446fda5a4ba66129.jpg

Ignore the game name I used, it doesn't matter once you have the save. Not sure if this is helpful as I don't know your level of tech savviness, but both the "Saves" and "Generated Worlds" folders should be located in the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie" folder. "YOURUSERNAME" being the name of your Windows account, assuming you use Windows and your user files are on the C drive.

1 hour ago, Deverezieaux said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.... Interesting. Once added to the local saves the "Eyoe Mountains" save should appear in your continue menu as pictured here:

maptest.jpg.5b9e1eac0f73cefd446fda5a4ba66129.jpg

Ignore the game name I used, it doesn't matter once you have the save. Not sure if this is helpful as I don't know your level of tech savviness, but both the "Saves" and "Generated Worlds" folders should be located in the "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie" folder. "YOURUSERNAME" being the name of your Windows account, assuming you use Windows and your user files are on the C drive.

Okay, that's what I was doing; I was looking for the game name "Eyoe Mountains" rather than "PrefabEditor."  I found that.

However, I'm still not seeing the structure in the center of the map. 🤔 I'm really thinking we need to have the prefab installed.

Edited by CrypticGirl (see edit history)

Nah. You just need the save and the generated world. I haven't installed any POI and it works just fine, here's a picture of it in my game. It's not even saved as a POI which is why I recommended the conversion video for the original author. If it helps the coordinates are roughly 260W by 300N, not exactly center map. It may be an issue of your directory structure, but beyond that it's hard to diagnose an issue from afar. Unfortunately that's about all I can offer to help.

ingame.thumb.jpg.886c774c50aaf5d27d0ae36505cc29a0.jpg