something is wrong with my player profile and the game keeps giving me a null reference?

chuck wollery

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times and verified the files and deleted old usser data but when it comes to the player creation the game gives me the null referecne to an object something is out of array. this is the log for it:

Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7Day - Pastebin.com

Edited by SylenThunder
Removed the Great Wall of China (see edit history)

OMG, did you read the instructions?

One minute while I fix your post for you.

1. Backup your save and profile data.

2. Wipe everything. All save data and downloaded worlds. There is a tool in the launcher for this.

3. Exclude your client from security software. (Covered in detail in the Pinned threads you're not reading.)

4. Validate the client files. It is recommended to do this at least twice because Steam's CRC check sucks.

5. Start a fresh game and try again.

Yup, the cleaning of files using the game launcher is quick, simple and solves most playing issues. Launch the game launcher, select Tools tab, select Clean Game Data, click all boxes and be sure to All Maps is selected then hit Clean. Now right-click on 7 Days to Die in Steam and select Properties, select Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files. Once finished, run it a second time. Now your problem should be solved. If it isn't, then post another log file.