Trying to make buff ammo using dukes to new weapons created.....first mod

RAGE PVE

So I've taken a standard M60 and would like to basically add buff ammo (what options?) such as stun/fire etc but then I want to add the ammo onto the weapon and then have a recipe to create the buff ammo, I'm sure its simple enough but when I tried it caused some load problems etc.

So far I have:

Created a mod that loads other items I have created, there is a recipe file ready also , then copied AP 7.62mm ammo into the items file. 

Then added a buff someone mentioned to me <triggered_effect trigger="onProjectileImpact" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffInjuryBleedingOne"/>

I then tried to create a recipe for it and I also added the new ammo type to the weapon but after all of this I ran into some problems and the game wouldn't load in.

So thought maybe its worth asking for some guidance first as I'm getting closer to needing this now in order to finish the mod off :) 

Edited by RAGE PVE (see edit history)

Your log should indicate what is having issues in the loading process of the mod.  You can see where there are issues in regards to specific files and even specific lines of code that your mod is trying to change.

Without that information, there could be several possibilities of what is causing your issues.  Will need to start to narrow down the issue first before anyone can help.

First, this should be moved to "Discussions and Requests." (See the big red "Posting in the Mod Forum" banner at the top of the page.)

Second, "I ran into some problems and the game wouldn't load in" is incredibly vague. Is there a log file you can show us? Red errors in the console?

Because there are a huge number of moving parts (buffs, ammo items, recipes) it will probably take quite a lot of effort for others on the forums to figure out what is even intended, much less what is going wrong.

On 11/3/2022 at 1:40 AM, khzmusik said:

First, this should be moved to "Discussions and Requests." (See the big red "Posting in the Mod Forum" banner at the top of the page.)

Second, "I ran into some problems and the game wouldn't load in" is incredibly vague. Is there a log file you can show us? Red errors in the console?

Because there are a huge number of moving parts (buffs, ammo items, recipes) it will probably take quite a lot of effort for others on the forums to figure out what is even intended, much less what is going wrong.

Great I was actually trying to find this place before posting here!  I'll move there thanks