spawn_trader tag no longer works after A20.6?

Aerial

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to update my existing, worked-on-earlier-versions-of-A20 modlet that removes traders from the game.  (I want it to work with Magoli's compopack.)  All the modlet does is change any "spawn_trader" tags in rwgmixer.xml to "false" and adds "spawn_trader" tags to any township type that doesn't have them. 

Now, though, it doesn't seem to work.  Does anyone know if the "spawn_trader" tag no longer has any impact? 

Or maybe there has to be at least one trader that spawns?  One of the consequences previously of not spawning any traders in the world was that you always started at (0,0), which could be challenging, depending on the biome. 

The weird thing is that I can use a world previewer and it claims there are no traders, but there most definitely is at least one.  I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out why this modlet no longer works.  I don't get any errors on mod load.

Alternately, does anyone know how to disable the trader functionality without removing them?

Thanks,

Aerial

Edited by Aerial (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Did you check your saved config files to verify that you are placing the property in each area

<property name="spawn_trader" value="false"/>

I got 20.5 files on my computer right now and the only spawn_trader is for oldwest, which is already set to false.  Note, I am not sure if that will work, but it is something I would try and confirm first.

You can also modify the spawning locations file if it is only doing 0,0 as the spawn location.  You will have to compare the map locations to get the grid coordinates, but it is an option if all you are getting is 0,0.

Edit - Ignore me.  For some reason this popped up in my forums as being unread and I didn't realized that I just revived a necro post until after I hit the save button.  Probably user error  🤪

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)