Block: The & Symbol

zztong

It would be handy to have the "&" symbol in the mix of letters when making signs in the Prefab Editor. And, if you're into that, it would be handy to have both a 1-block wide variety and a 2-block wide (but not tall) variety where the "&" symbol was centered on the two blocks. That would cover for when you have an even number of spaces to fill between two words.

Any other special symbols and punctuation would be appreciated too, but I currently have a need for the "&" symbol.

Consider this POI (work in progress)... the business is "Peddler & Packer." Admittedly, I didn't account for enough room to write "Peddler and Packer" and I can't make "Peddler N Packer" fit either.

20220828113709_1.thumb.jpg.f4eb6f3a67d080c6431695465e220599.jpg

To piggy-back on this suggestion - for the writable signs, it would be nice to be able to change the font and background color (maybe add the 'tint' option to these blocks).   And instead of just a rough wood, maybe have an additional "clean/modern" version as well.  

A temporary solution perhaps (until they add the & symbol) could be to use a comma. I see this often in news titles and it basically equates to "and"

https://www.easymedia.in/use-punctuation-marks-headlines/

Comma is a great space saver. You can replace the conjunction “and” in most headlines with comma.

Manmohan and Sonia to visit Muzzaffarnagar
Manmohan, Sonia to visit Muzzaffarnagar

So then it becomes Peddler, Packer

Not sure if it makes sense for signs, or if this is only for headlines