Wasteland Spawn Question

NekoPawtato

In A19 I remember setting up a base at the edge of wasteland directly adjacent to a forest. Shooting zombies at night in the wasteland would usually snowball and I'd have zombies attacking my base nonstop until morning. Once morning hits and all the ferals drop dead, I'm usually left with over 10 zombie bears wandering around my base.

Now in A20 it seems more... relaxed? Like the zombies still spawn pretty frequently, but doesn't feel like I get nearly as much.

Is that just me?

2 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

In A19 I remember setting up a base at the edge of wasteland directly adjacent to a forest. Shooting zombies at night in the wasteland would usually snowball and I'd have zombies attacking my base nonstop until morning. Once morning hits and all the ferals drop dead, I'm usually left with over 10 zombie bears wandering around my base.

Now in A20 it seems more... relaxed? Like the zombies still spawn pretty frequently, but doesn't feel like I get nearly as much.

Is that just me?

I dunno for me it seems about the same maybe a coincidence not too sure but sometimes the game gives you small grace periods if you kill a lot of zombies in that one area that area will also have a respawn delay

I have a main base located in Wasteland for >20 days now, and it's very quiet around during both day and nights, there are literally not a single zombie or roaming enemy nearby. It's at the edge of town, not in Downtown area. I guess, Downtown has its own overwhelming spawn rules

I played around in my vanilla sandbox game, went to the border between forest and wasteland at night and started shooting all the zombies I could see (while being in one spot).

I remember in A19 when I sniped down a zombie in the wasteland at night, another one would spawn pretty much immediately in the general area of where the first zombie died. The zombies would eventually multiply to the point where I was surrounded by too many and had to retreat. Didn't really feel like zombies were respawning fast enough in A20 compared to what I had in A19. Doing a list entity command shows the number of zombies stay pretty constant (around 10-15 and not really increasing). Perhaps they also spawn much farther out than before as I could only spot 3-4 at a time.

It's also possible that they spawn much faster downtown, but my problem is visibility, since the zombies could be there but might be behind a building or something so I can't just sit in one area and snipe them. When I'm out in the wasteland forest it's pretty easy to spot them.

I guess the current change is more balanced now, since I remember seeing people say they can't really quest at night in the wasteland due to the fast spawning prior to A20.

Time to play around with feral sense I guess :)

Archived