"Unexpected error #1" - Linux client/Steam "Fixed"

DEAk0n

Hi all.

Somehow, overnight, my 7D2D started throwing "Unexpected error #1", and failing to launch. I'm at a total loss as to what the problem could be. I have removed all my mods, wiped the game, and reinstalled. I haven't even found the error message with a Google search. Any help would be appreciated.

error.png

Y0807122204.png

UPDATE: It's "Fixed", I guess. It's an EAC issue. Disabling EAC helped. I'd prefer a solution that doesn't include "disable EAC" though.

Edited by DEAk0n
"Fixed" it. (see edit history)

• DEAk0n changed the title to "Unexpected error #1" - Linux client/Steam "Fixed"
21 hours ago, Star69 said:

Post a copy of your entire output log. Copy the entire log, go to pastebin.com and paste the log then post the link generated here. Someone will have the an answer for your issue based on the log.

Please excuse how long it took me to get back to you.

Link #1: This is the log from when it wouldn't launch (EAC enabled). https://pastebin.com/8gphkDb9

Link #2: After EAC disabled, I was able to play just fine, with or without mods, etc. https://pastebin.com/9hMCxsAp

Thanks for the help. Again, I think this is just and EAC issue, I play on Linux, and we're notorious for not working well with anti-cheats.

It sure sounds like EAC, but hoping to find a fix in case you want to use it for a public server. Unfortunately, the 2 logs you posted are both with EAC disabled, one with no mods and one with mods. If it’s going to be a private or passworded server, EAC is not needed and will improve server performance a bit however I’d strongly recommend EAC if it will be a pub server.