What blocks to use to make a ramp?

I'd like to make a ramp for zombies to walk up to my horde trap, but I can't figure out which blocks to use to keep a free-standing ramp going on a diagonal path upwards, without pieces sticking out in unnatural places. I've tried using Wedge 60's in various combinations, but I can't seem to find the right combination. I'm aware also of the structural stability limitations, so I'm thinking maybe I just need a solid wall that ramps up on the top surface, but I know I've seen videos of other bases that had the kind of free standing ramp I'm envisioning:

/

/

/

_/

And by the way, what's the difference between a "ramp" and an "incline"?

I'd appreciate any insights or suggestions. Thanks.

Edited by Apocalyptical Survivor (see edit history)

Hmm.. "free standing" might be the issue, depending on what you're trying. I think the steepest wedges (maybe those 60s, not sure of the naming atm) will allow for 4 blocks to be stacked such that they carry themselves; start with the thickest and stack on top of that, they'll form a half of an arrowhead from side.. If you need more height than that, you're going to need to create some support to keep the next layers up. Same wedge blocks, full blocks, or some combination for a visual effect, doesn't really matter, but if you're going real tall, you'll need proper support.

If you want zeds to walk up it, you're going to have to test it; the AI behavior with wedges was changed, but shortly thereafter the steeper wedges were introduced and I'm not sure where it all landed. It's all a changing issue anyway..

Ramp, wedge and narrow wedge describe angles of slope when used in block names.  Ramps are a 1:1 slope, wedges 1:2 and narrow wedge 1:4

Incline refers to when the slope is also sloped in another axis, so when you want a slope that isn't horizontal perpendicular to the actual slope itself (which an even, symmetrical slope is) you'll use incline blocks.

There are blocks you can use to get an overhanging slope like your diagram, but remember that blocks don't support each other diagonally.  You'll need to use long blocks and very small triangles is a staircase layout to get that effect.  There are blocks designed to do this, but I forget the exact names.  The small triangles have 'filler' in their name and the longer blocks have the same name without the word 'filler'.

Edited by Uncle Al (see edit history)