Game randomly closing w/ no errors

KiritoFL

I just got a new Alienware machine, first thing I did was install Steam and 7D2D. On the first random map game I created, the game closed out during the creation process. No errors, nothing, just back to my desktop.

Launched the game again but couldn't use the same map/game name, assuming it just created the local files so I used a different name. 

Started playing fine, then it closed again after a little of bit. Launched the game back up, played just fine until I quit manually.

Come back a couple of hours later, game closes maybe within 20 minutes. Try again and plays fine for a couple of hours.

The above was all on Saturday... now today, same issue. Played for about 20 minutes, game closes. Re-launch, played for about 30-45 minutes, game closes. Try again, game plays for a little over an hours, closes. Every single time, no errors or anything. 

I have updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest version, verified game file integrity, tried forcing to playing in DirectX10, then back to DX11, launching Steam and 7D2D as administrator - all with no luck.

I am running the game on the highest graphic settings, but turned off Motion Blur and SS Reflections. But I wouldn't think those settings would matter since the first time it crashed was during creation/loading. 

My previous machine was running Windows 10, almost the same setup and never had any crashes. This one is running Windows 11... is their a compatibility issue with Win 11 or could it be something else?

1 hour ago, KiritoFL said:

I just got a new Alienware machine, first thing I did was install Steam and 7D2D. On the first random map game I created, the game closed out during the creation process. No errors, nothing, just back to my desktop.

Launched the game again but couldn't use the same map/game name, assuming it just created the local files so I used a different name. 

Started playing fine, then it closed again after a little of bit. Launched the game back up, played just fine until I quit manually.

Come back a couple of hours later, game closes maybe within 20 minutes. Try again and plays fine for a couple of hours.

The above was all on Saturday... now today, same issue. Played for about 20 minutes, game closes. Re-launch, played for about 30-45 minutes, game closes. Try again, game plays for a little over an hours, closes. Every single time, no errors or anything. 

I have updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest version, verified game file integrity, tried forcing to playing in DirectX10, then back to DX11, launching Steam and 7D2D as administrator - all with no luck.

I am running the game on the highest graphic settings, but turned off Motion Blur and SS Reflections. But I wouldn't think those settings would matter since the first time it crashed was during creation/loading. 

My previous machine was running Windows 10, almost the same setup and never had any crashes. This one is running Windows 11... is their a compatibility issue with Win 11 or could it be something else?

Another user just posted about having problems with Windows 11: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/29117-game-cant-run-directly-on-steam/

34 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Another user just posted about having problems with Windows 11: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/29117-game-cant-run-directly-on-steam/

I see your mention about running without EAC - can I try this on my current world/save file or do I need to create a new one?

Edited by KiritoFL
update (see edit history)

1 hour ago, KiritoFL said:

I see your mention about running without EAC - can I try this on my current world/save file or do I need to create a new one?

I guess the test could be done in an existing world provided it was created without crashes or errors.

4 minutes ago, meganoth said:

I guess the test could be done in an existing world provided it was created without crashes or errors.

As much as I would love to use my current game, I’m trying with a new save. So far it created fine without issue, and I’m on the end of Day 1 without any crashes. I’ll continue to try this save with EAC disabled and see how it plays out.