Game can't run directly on Steam

CLDK

The issue has been quite awhile now and i have been searching through all the methods i could in the discussion/7dtd Webpage and it seems there is no solution to this.

i have been experiencing this issue ever since i updated my Windows 10 to 11. it won't let me start up from Steam but it do let me start up in the .exe files (any one will do).
After starting up using the .exe files, no matter is SP or MP it will crash after 20min gameplay, Longest 45min and it will shut down the game and Steam log out together.

Uninstall, reinstall and uninstall EAC and Reinstall but it won't work either way...
i really miss to play MP with my Homies but it seems i won't be playing for a long while...

58 minutes ago, CLDK said:

The issue has been quite awhile now and i have been searching through all the methods i could in the discussion/7dtd Webpage and it seems there is no solution to this.

i have been experiencing this issue ever since i updated my Windows 10 to 11. it won't let me start up from Steam but it do let me start up in the .exe files (any one will do).
After starting up using the .exe files, no matter is SP or MP it will crash after 20min gameplay, Longest 45min and it will shut down the game and Steam log out together.

Uninstall, reinstall and uninstall EAC and Reinstall but it won't work either way...
i really miss to play MP with my Homies but it seems i won't be playing for a long while...

Searching in Discussion won't help you when such issues are discussed in the "General Support" section or listed as bugs in the bug section (though I don't see it in the list of confirmed bugs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ctmU1eMhVZYoUXCZtFijnbboLQ2r8FIj_D-Ui6b6YHU/edit#gid=0 )

So I moved this thread to "General Support".

I have heard of similar bugs mostly from people who have bought the game in the xbox store. I suppose this isn't the case with you. 

Please try a fresh new game without EAC and check if the game stops as well. Then post the logfile, there is a thread in General Support that explains how.

Another case like yours, posted practically at the same time: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/29116-game-randomly-closing-w-no-errors/

The log shows connection issues. Exclude your game and saves folder in your antivirus program. It isn’t enough to turn the software off as it still runs some processes even when off so you must create the exclusion.

A side note, the log states you are running Windows 10 but you said you are running Windows 11, I don’t know if that is an issue or not but we’ll see after you work with your antivirus.

If your buddy has EAC on you would not be able to connect to his game (i.e. if you are directly connecting to his PC). If you are just logging into the same server as he it does not matter whether he has enabled EAC.

I see a Null-Ref exception with EOS, this might be a reason it doesn't start from steam, but that is just a wild guess.

And the crash seems to be in Unity's dotnet code (unless it is some callback to TFPs code). In the worst case this is something Unity or Microsoft has to fix. 

Besides that I see another possible problem: You don't have enough RAM for minimum specs. 7D2D is a very resource-hungry game. If you can add another 4G, do so before anything else.

Also please test the game in singleplayer before you try multiplayer, the last is always the more complicated scenario.

@Star69 Great catch. But I just googled the version number and it seems everything from 10.0.22000 and above IS windows11

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

I'm sorry you are having this issue.  I will be needing a few information from you in order to pinpoint it.

1 - First,  we would like to make sure that the game is installed in the right location.  Can you post a screenshot of your explorer window showing the 7Days folder?  This will be the folder that opens up when you right click 7 Days to Die in the Steam library, select manage, and select Browse local files.

2 - Next,  we need an output log from when you executed the game through the .exe.  The log will be located at AppData/LocalLow/The Fun Pimps/7 Days To Die.  It is the Player text file.  Please post the contents in that on pastebin.

3 - Next we would like to see the contents of your launcher log.  This will be located at AppData/Roaming/7DaysToDie/logs.  The launcher text file.

couldn't post a screenshot as i do not know how to transfer PNG to URL in this website. i am able to do it in other website by dragging from the Computer Desktop to the Website but not this one. i will just type it down below

This PC>OS(C:)>Program Files(x86)>Steam>steamapps>common>7 Days To Die

https://pastebin.com/23axTLm6

Launcher Log: https://pastebin.com/KhL5dhJN

I have been playing 7dtd in 4ram for years and it always runs well, of course there are some issues comes and go but i could fix it by looking into the problems ...

this one is a bit hard for me to figure out as of some other player has the same issue but different game crash approaches.

for the antivirus is all good, i try it excluded file and uninstall or even left it as it is does not seem to affect the game or any other game in my laptop.

2 hours ago, CLDK said:

I have been playing 7dtd in 4ram for years

Your computer will have to be using the swapfile to run the game with 4 Gb. Check that the swapfile is set to be managed by Windows,

and insure that you have enough free space on your drive for it to expand.

4 hours ago, CLDK said:

couldn't post a screenshot as i do not know how to transfer PNG to URL in this website. i am able to do it in other website by dragging from the Computer Desktop to the Website but not this one. i will just type it down below

This PC>OS(C:)>Program Files(x86)>Steam>steamapps>common>7 Days To Die

https://pastebin.com/23axTLm6

Launcher Log: https://pastebin.com/KhL5dhJN

I have been playing 7dtd in 4ram for years and it always runs well, of course there are some issues comes and go but i could fix it by looking into the problems ...

this one is a bit hard for me to figure out as of some other player has the same issue but different game crash approaches.

for the antivirus is all good, i try it excluded file and uninstall or even left it as it is does not seem to affect the game or any other game in my laptop.

Thank you,  I have sent these information to our programmer.

19 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

Your computer will have to be using the swapfile to run the game with 4 Gb. Check that the swapfile is set to be managed by Windows,

and insure that you have enough free space on your drive for it to expand.

i am not sure what is a swapfile is but i have 250+ more GB in the storage space

i have a new discovery, i try to play again today by starting up inside Steam and sure enough it does not startup BUT there is a small note stated saying

( (!) 7 Days To Die - Steam Cloud Error)

i tried playing other games it runs fine and did not have this error msg beside.