Does anyone think these are good ideas for new places?

7DaysToDieIdeas

So I just started playing 7DTD and it's really fun, and I already have some good ideas. I like finding places in the game like gas stations, movie theaters, and houses to explore, so here are some of my ideas for new places. 1. Subway tunnel: Above ground you would see a building that would be a subway station, when you go inside there are staircases that go down into the subway system. The subway system would go pretty far, maybe half as far as the roads. And every once in a while you could come across a destroyed train and loot it. The upsides would be that it's a safer way to travel the map without zombies attacking you (but there are still some zombies down there) but the downsides are that it would be almost pitch black (with only some lights that are on). 2. Flooded neighborhoods - In the flooded neighborhoods the water level would go just below the windows of a two story house, which means that a single story house would be completely filled with water, and tall buildings would be safer. There aren't really any upsides besides that it would look cool and make it harder for zombies to catch you. The downsides are obviously the dangers of drowning while trying to loot things. 3. Sewers (underneath the roads) - Every road should have some manholes on it, but only once every 5 or so miles. Instead of pressing the action key to open the manhole cover, you would have to break it open instead with a pickaxe or an explosive. Once inside a sewer it would be another easy way to travel safely, but the worst problem you would face is that the sewers would be extremely narrow (only 2 blocks high so your head would almost touch the ceiling) so if you see a zombie you're far past screwed because you would either have to run back or kill the zombie without choice. 4. Wealthy estates - In 7 Days To Die, very rarely, you should be able to come across a mansion. The mansion would be in pristine condition with a metal gate surrounding the perimeter. There would be fountains, hedge mazes, a 4 car garage, gardens, illuminated driveway, and all that good stuff. Inside the mansion would be tons of loot. The kitchens will be full of food and the bathrooms (there should be 3) will have medicine in each one. 5. Steel mill - If you travel one of the main roads, eventually you should come across a steel mill. Inside there would actually be no steel (since there isn't any in the game) but instead you would find piles of iron ingots and atleast 6 forges. And you would find a new tool *drum roll* a blowtorch. The blowtorch would be uncraftable (like the chainsaw) which would make them rare. A blowtorch could be used to fix items and as a melee/ranged weapon (possibly reaching 3 blocks away) and could easily be used to destory anything metal.

Since the general terrain of this game is supposed to be Arizona-ish, maybe new Mexico-ish where all these biomes could exist in close proximity then perhaps the flooded neighborhoods could be down stream a busted dam. Which makes me think it would be cool to find power plants that are broken and other special infrastructure buildings and be able to restore them to working order. Then we could have, my base will give you power if your base gives us clean water, and so on.

Those ideas are neat. I'd also like to see a couple of makeshift defenses. Like places where it seems people have tried to survive in, it might have spike pits, traps, sandbags, barbed wire fences, etc. and things like bags, and lots of storage containers around. It would look like a group had banded together and tried to survive.

[QUOTE=pharen;130337]Those ideas are neat. I'd also like to see a couple of makeshift defenses. Like places where it seems people have tried to survive in, it might have spike pits, traps, sandbags, barbed wire fences, etc. and things like bags, and lots of storage containers around. It would look like a group had banded together and tried to survive.[/QUOTE] there is the military bases

yeah, but the military bases are organised. They also tend to have munitions boxes. What i'm thinking of is modified general buildings, that have many sleeping bags, storage bags, torches, and man made looking defenses, like the wooden spike traps, piles of sandbags and other abnormal blocks used to block zombie access. So it looks more like a player built defense, not like the general houses that just have bordered up doors and windows, and the occasional trap.

All great ideas, there's a good reason all of those have shown up in other games in various combinations, like Fallout, Metro, STALKER, and movies and tv. They make interesting ruins and salvage opportunities that are different from the houses-stores-office buildings that are hard to make visually different with the voxel-based construction. Add in stuff like flooded quarries (see Walking Dead TV s1), collapsed mines (help with finding possible ore sources instead of blind digging, especially if mining is still kinda hard/tedious). What I'd really like though is to have a more user-friendly modding tool that's like a mix of Creative mode, an export tool, and some game engine-related-rule tweaking tools so ideas like yours could be built up by anybody instead of having to go through the devs, and then inserted in the worldgen deck for dealing out a world. Probably still a *bit* early in the dev process for that, but could probably take a big load off the devs while giving players time to put out some nice locations to insert into worldgen by the time full release comes out. Then again there's still some funny business w/ worldgen putting houses on non-flat land and having parts of buildings float off the ground, so yeah, probably still early in the process.

For some reason all my ideas are transportation-related today. :) 1. Railroad tracks, eventually leading to: 2. Train stations, and 3. Rail yards, filled with a maze of parked train cars, some filled with useful lootable cargo 4. Derailed train, overturned cars, a burnt out area where oil cars spilled and burned 4. Small airfields 5. Trucking warehouse with trucks, trailers, some filled with useful lootable cargo

[QUOTE=lingerer453;131094]For some reason all my ideas are transportation-related today. :) 1. Railroad tracks, eventually leading to: 2. Train stations, and 3. Rail yards, filled with a maze of parked train cars, some filled with useful lootable cargo 4. Derailed train, overturned cars, a burnt out area where oil cars spilled and burned 4. Small airfields 5. Trucking warehouse with trucks, trailers, some filled with useful lootable cargo[/QUOTE] Variety is never a bad thing. I just wish the Devs would release an SDK for prefabs for random gen. Then we wouldn't have to wait for them to make new areas. It would be beneficial to everyone cause we get to make extra content, and they could select good ones and implement them into the game. So they would be spending more time on features rather than enviroment.

Archived