EXC Memory stream is not expandable - A20.4 b42 - Dedicated Server Fix

MilordWizardKing

12 hours ago, Astrocreep137 said:

Why is there no hot fix for this yet? I cannot play multiplayer at all with my friends (unless I am willing to do a workaround to cleanse my profile or start a new character) as long as this error exists. The player-base has pretty much figured out what the problem is. This may be the first time I truly feel let down by the dev team. ETA on fix???

Exactly. We are over 120 hours into game. Got multiple drones dropped already and no one can use it ;/ 

28 minutes ago, ZenKoda said:

Does anyone have solutions for friends only servers?

Copy the player's ttp file into a non-dedicated server game (any will do), get the player to join that game and perform an action of any sort and then log off and close the game.  Copy the player's ttp file back to the dedicated server.  You should also delete the files drones.dat and drones.dat.bak from the dedicated server.

55 minutes ago, ComPage said:

Copy the player's ttp file into a non-dedicated server game (any will do), get the player to join that game and perform an action of any sort and then log off and close the game.  Copy the player's ttp file back to the dedicated server.  You should also delete the files drones.dat and drones.dat.bak from the dedicated server.

Alright. do you perhaps have discord so i can message you with any further questions i have? my tag is ZenKoda#4443. also thanks for the response!

On 5/9/2022 at 1:56 PM, ZenKoda said:

Alright. do you perhaps have discord so i can message you with any further questions i have? my tag is ZenKoda#4443. also thanks for the response!

No I don't.  Post your questions here.

On 5/11/2022 at 4:28 PM, P3rf3ctVZer0 said:

these issues do not exist in a20.5b2 EXP please upgrade!

Rolled back the player profile from an hourly backup before it grew and updated to EXP version. Let's see how it goes.

Hi all. I was having this same problem on my Nitrado Mega Server with my crew. I wrote a guide for those people having this problem on my Discord. I'll post it here also in case you all need more detail as to how to fix this. Enjoy & much love! ♥️🤘

Step by step Resolution guide for Issue: EXC Memory stream is not expandable (A20.4 b42) on Dedicated Server

Part 1 of 2

Step 1: Create a New Local Game
1) Start a New Game in Solo Player mode. Note what map you are using like Pregen02 or Pregen03 or Pregen10k, etc...
2) Jump in the solo game and run around for a minute. This will make the Player Saves Folder > Quit all the way out of 7 Days to Die.

Step 2: Navigate to AppData
1) You need to be able to see or navigate to your "AppData" folder. 
To do this bring up a window, then
a) Navigate to your C:\Users\(USERNAME)
b) Up at the top Quick Acces bar just add "AppData" like this:
C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData
c) Continue to navigate to the folder below, you can also just type the entire path.

Step 3: Navigate to your local Player Folder
1) Your Player folder is located at:
C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\(Map Name)\(Solo Game name)\Player
2) In this folder you'll have a file with ".TTP" on it. This is your Steam ID you need to match to the server. I suggest looking at the last 4 numbers to find the same one on the server.
3) Move the ".TTP" & ".TTP.bak" out of this local folder to your desktop.

(Click to see Photo Larger)
367964127_01-7DaysFixingMemoryissue.thumb.jpg.2826e19b9dd7e27f94af500cb7ca1987.jpg

Part 2 of 2

Step 4: Finding the File on Dedicated Server
1) Navigate to your Servers Player Folder. 
On our Nitrado Server Player folder is at:
Home > 7days to die> Saves> Pregen10k > (Game name, like mines "Kismet10"> Player
2) Download the matching ".TTP" file via the last 4 of the numbers from your local game to the file on the server to your Downloads. You do NOT need the ".TTP.bak".

Step 5: Solving the 2MB Size issue
1) Copy (NOT Move!) your Server ".TTP" file to your local game Player folder. Keep a backup of this file just in case.
2) Reopen 7 Days to Die & Play your Local game again. Run around for a minute and kill a zombie or pick up some resources. You should see you have the same items as you did on the server & you are the same level. This means it worked.
3) Quit 7 Days to Die & look at the ".TTP" File. 
4) Go back to your local folder and see the file size as drop to around 30+ K from 2MB.
5) Remove previous 2MB file size ".TTP" & ".TTP.bak" files from the server.
6) Upload the adjusted file size 30k+ ".TTP" & ".TTP.bak" files back on to the server
7) Relaunch 7 Days and get back on the server & the Problem should be solved.

Quick Solution for players on your server if you are the Server Admin.
1) Have the Person tell you the last 4 numbers of their Local game File.
2) Double check their file on the server is 2MB.
3) Download & give the server save the file to the person whose steam id it is.
4) Have them follow the steps above to create a local game & put the file in there.
5) Have them load back up the local saved file & then quit back out.
6) Have them send back the file to you and you put it back on the server.

02 - 7Days Fixing Memory issue.jpg

2 hours ago, KismetBP said:

Hi all. I was having this same problem on my Nitrado Mega Server with my crew. I wrote a guide for those people having this problem on my Discord. I'll post it here also in case you all need more detail as to how to fix this. Enjoy & much love! ♥️🤘

Step by step Resolution guide for Issue: EXC Memory stream is not expandable (A20.4 b42) on Dedicated Server

Part 1 of 2

Step 1: Create a New Local Game
1) Start a New Game in Solo Player mode. Note what map you are using like Pregen02 or Pregen03 or Pregen10k, etc...
2) Jump in the solo game and run around for a minute. This will make the Player Saves Folder > Quit all the way out of 7 Days to Die.

Step 2: Navigate to AppData
1) You need to be able to see or navigate to your "AppData" folder. 
To do this bring up a window, then
a) Navigate to your C:\Users\(USERNAME)
b) Up at the top Quick Acces bar just add "AppData" like this:
C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData
c) Continue to navigate to the folder below, you can also just type the entire path.

Step 3: Navigate to your local Player Folder
1) Your Player folder is located at:
C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\(Map Name)\(Solo Game name)\Player
2) In this folder you'll have a file with ".TTP" on it. This is your Steam ID you need to match to the server. I suggest looking at the last 4 numbers to find the same one on the server.
3) Move the ".TTP" & ".TTP.bak" out of this local folder to your desktop.

367964127_01-7DaysFixingMemoryissue.thumb.jpg.2826e19b9dd7e27f94af500cb7ca1987.jpg

Part 2 of 2

Step 4: Finding the File on Dedicated Server
1) Navigate to your Servers Player Folder. 
On our Nitrado Server Player folder is at:
Home > 7days to die> Saves> Pregen10k > (Game name, like mines "Kismet10"> Player
2) Download the matching ".TTP" file via the last 4 of the numbers from your local game to the file on the server to your Downloads. You do NOT need the ".TTP.bak".

Step 5: Solving the 2MB Size issue
1) Copy (NOT Move!) your Server ".TTP" file to your local game Player folder. Keep a backup of this file just in case.
2) Reopen 7 Days to Die & Play your Local game again. Run around for a minute and kill a zombie or pick up some resources. You should see you have the same items as you did on the server & you are the same level. This means it worked.
3) Quit 7 Days to Die & look at the ".TTP" File. 
4) Go back to your local folder and see the file size as drop to around 30+ K from 2MB.
5) Remove previous 2MB file size ".TTP" & ".TTP.bak" files from the server.
6) Upload the adjusted file size 30k+ ".TTP" & ".TTP.bak" files back on to the server
7) Relaunch 7 Days and get back on the server & the Problem should be solved.

Quick Solution for players on your server if you are the Server Admin.
1) Have the Person tell you the last 4 numbers of their Local game File.
2) Double check their file on the server is 2MB.
3) Download & give the server save the file to the person whose steam id it is.
4) Have them follow the steps above to create a local game & put the file in there.
5) Have them load back up the local saved file & then quit back out.
6) Have them send back the file to you and you put it back on the server.

02 - 7Days Fixing Memory issue.jpg

Everything you said is accurate except one factor - it is not a fix just delays breakage until next server restart.

Archived