Anyone else unable to launch the game due to EasyAnti Cheat?

Boothulu

Since the new patch came out I can no longer play 7 days. I get an error window that says the following:

You are running on Windows 11.

EAC might fail to start for you in the current release.

Please run with it disabled in you do experience it failing

to start until the error is fixed by another update.

If I use the 7 days launcher and disable EAC I can get in game and search for servers, but all multiplayer servers require EAC so if I try to connect, I just get a message saying enable EAC and restart the game.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall several times, making sure everything 7 days and EAC related are gone. I've even installed a new hard drive and installed the game on there with no effect. I have deleted the EAC folder and verified files through steam, which failed to validate and reacquired the EAC files, no change. I also posted for support on the EAC website but their response time says up to 13 days. I've tried forcing a downgrade to 20.3 but I still get the EAC error. Even though it states that EAC is having an issue everything was working perfectly until 20.4 released and I've been playing 7 days on Windows 11 for awhile now.

Please any help is appreciated.... this game gets me through 10 hour long night shifts :(

Try using the Clean game data... option from the Launcher/Tools menu. Check everything except savedgames and generated worlds. (assuming you want to keep those, if not, clean those as well)

After that, don't start the game. Go to Steam and verify files twice. Then try again.

Archived