Bug when new players join server

meganizer

Hello,

We have recently found that when any new player joins our server everyone gets a kick in the server this is pretty annoying when playing and a new player logs in.

After the player has finished downloading the server map the server runs fine again,

There is no high CPU or high RAM on the server durning this process and the network connection of the server is a 1Gbit/s at OVHCloud

Please help us with this issue,

Kind Regards

Meganizer

1 hour ago, meganizer said:

the log file of the day we had this issue

There are mods that are failing and should be removed.

PHD better stacks, Lam's server icons, and Lam's attribute tree all have failures.

A20.4 has been breaking mods so I'd look into reducing those to only ones that

claim they work with A20.4.

You get a lot of block errors, which hints at using a world that was generated in an older alpha. They should be benign though.

I think this is where you get disconnected:

022-04-27T00:36:31 16023.919 ERR [EOS] [LogEOSAntiCheat - Error] [AntiCheatServer] EOS_AntiCheatServer_ProtectMessage: Failed with invalid user

Which, (I'm guessing) means that the player that tried to join needs to validate their files and make sure EOS is working as expected.

I don't think the server should've booted everyone at that point though.

47 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

I think this is where you get disconnected:

We got disconnection problems from line 5478 where 2 new players joined 
We got kicked exactly on line 5565 ([EOS-ACS] Kicking player. Reason=HeartbeatTimeout, details='Heartbeat timed out', client=EntityID=185, PltfmId='Steam_76561199070024968', CrossId='EOS_0002a6501e0648878fe49e6268079c8e', OwnerID='Steam_76561199070024968', PlayerName='Tuinkabouter1996')

At line 5599 i got kicked myself (2022-04-27T20:06:46 86237.964 INF [EOS-ACS] Kicking player. Reason=HeartbeatTimeout, details='Heartbeat timed out', client=EntityID=171, PltfmId='Steam_76561198003411469', CrossId='EOS_000230c550b64a2ab6b1c440efd0ef64', OwnerID='Steam_76561198003411469', PlayerName='Meganizer')

At line 5939 the new players were logged in successfully and the server returned to normal operation without any bugs/errors whatever..

After this at line 6897 another new player tries to sign in (the player did never fully arrive ingame)

At line 6973 I got another kick ([EOS-ACS] Kicking player. Reason=HeartbeatTimeout, details='Heartbeat timed out', client=EntityID=171, ) while that other player from line 6897 is downloading the map

At line 7008 my teammate also got the same kick again

At line 7166 the player of line 6897 successfully downloaded the world and the server returned to normal oeration again without any bugs/errors

shortly after line 7166 you will find 3 players that played the game without any errors and with normal logouts.

And still at this day when a new players joines the server for the first time everyone playing at that moment get this kind of kick (2022-04-27T20:06:46 86237.964 INF [EOS-ACS] Kicking player. Reason=HeartbeatTimeout, details='Heartbeat timed out')

Hope you can help me on this part

I think these are not the add-ons because they still function for 100% at both our server as on another community's server

And the map is generated at A20.2 and also seems to work fine ingame yes we get errors in the console but the gameplay is still perfect

So any player who successfully downloaded the map can play without errors until a new player wants to download the map

Kind regards,

Meganizer

6 hours ago, meganizer said:

So any player who successfully downloaded the map can play without errors until a new player wants to download the map

This is just a guess but maybe the server can't keep up with the load of streaming a new map and boots everyone.

I'd try to add some memory to the machine if possible, and if not, increase the swapfile size.

Clearly EOS has a check in thing going on, and while the server is busy sending a world, it can't be bothered to report back.

I could see this happening if the network was running half-duplex for some reason, like wifi or misconfigured ethernet, but just

guessing really.

Archived