Just lost my server after the update

FFW_Rude

So me and my wife are playing local on a dedicated server. 

We just launch the server from her 7D2D folder. Now there as been an update and our serverconfig.xml as been reseted. The savegame is still there but HOW can i get my server back ? I need the original xml file which i used to save with a new name but that time... we do not on A20. 

Is there a way from the savegame folder to get it back ? Or find the seed name that we have been using ? Or did we just lost a 4month server worth of our time ?

Tried to revert back to 20.3, doing the server as much as i remember. Now get nullPointer Exception server not launching.

Course, you should *always* make a copy of the original CFG & massage THAT as your personal CFG.  Never a chance of it getting wiped (unless you nuke the folder+).  Just change the -configfile= param when launching

Yep, pull the name, size, seed+ from the MAP_INFO in the .\GeneratedWorlds\<WORLD> folder & setup the rest of the CFG to your liking.

You'll be back up raiding\killing zeds in no time.

4 hours ago, i_robot73 said:

Course, you should *always* make a copy of the original CFG & massage THAT as your personal CFG.  Never a chance of it getting wiped (unless you nuke the folder+).  Just change the -configfile= param when launching

Yep, pull the name, size, seed+ from the MAP_INFO in the .\GeneratedWorlds\<WORLD> folder & setup the rest of the CFG to your liking.

You'll be back up raiding\killing zeds in no time.

To get the correct GameName\World, open one of your working LOGS & search for 'SaveChunks'

The folder after ./Saves/ == GameWorld (EX, from below: 'Tenone Territory') & the next in the path == GameName ('Tenone_Territory')

2022-04-26T11:42:38 56.565 INF Started thread SaveChunks /home/sdtdserver/.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/Tenone Territory/Tenone_Territory/Region

Yeah, when I updated to a20.4 my server could not be found either, even with those two new parameters, previous to that it was rock solid under a20.3, I just switched back to 20.3 for now, will wait for the next more stable release.

On 4/28/2022 at 3:20 PM, On Day Seven said:

Not sure if this affects local servers but I had to add these to my dedicated server to get things running again:

<property name="Region"  value="NorthAmericaEast" />

<property name="Language" value="English" />

Already did that to no avail. Not really a big issue but annoying

Archived