PC - Multiplayer GUI menu stuck in middle of screen

Felstud

Hello all, I recently had an update to my game yesterday and now when I play on my server I get this error (first picture) and then this player bar is stuck in the middle of my screen (second picture.)  Is there anything I can do to fix this or is this an expected error from using latest experimental beta? Thank you all for your time.spacer.png

spacer.png

18 hours ago, Felstud said:

Hello all, I recently had an update to my game yesterday and now when I play on my server I get this error (first picture) and then this player bar is stuck in the middle of my screen (second picture.)  Is there anything I can do to fix this or is this an expected error from using latest experimental beta? Thank you all for your time.spacer.png

spacer.png

Found the fix. I updated my game server software

4 hours ago, Cherry Poppinz said:

Found the fix. I updated my game server software

This fixed it for me as well, so if anyone else is having the same problem update their dedicated server and this should fix it!

6 minutes ago, Cherry Poppinz said:

Contact your admin and have them update the game server software. It's seems like a dedicated server issue.

im not on a server, just single player, but ive found a temporary solution by hiding and then unhiding the hud it goes away

spacer.png

Im getting the same problem. I play with my wife and now i cant open the party menu in a new game or if we start our multiplayer save file (~day 30) the party menu is stucked in a quarter of the screen and we cant close it or manage it.

2 hours ago, ZPS said:

im not on a server, just single player, but ive found a temporary solution by hiding and then unhiding the hud it goes away

How did you hide the hud? Can you access the party menu?

Just now, Ademir said:

spacer.png

Im getting the same problem. I play with my wife and now i cant open the party menu in a new game or if we start our multiplayer save file (~day 30) the party menu is stucked in a quarter of the screen and we cant close it or manage it.

if you want a temp solution until they fix it, hit F7 to hide your hud then unhide it, youll have to do it everytime you boot it up though

2 minutes ago, ZPS said:

if you want a temp solution until they fix it, hit F7 to hide your hud then unhide it, youll have to do it everytime you boot it up though

tks for help man. It worked (removed the stuck menu on screen). But I still cant open the party menu ("I" key shortcut) and accept party invites. Is there a shortcut or dm command for this as well? 

16 minutes ago, Ademir said:

tks for help man. It worked (removed the stuck menu on screen). But I still cant open the party menu ("I" key shortcut) and accept party invites. Is there a shortcut or dm command for this as well? 

I usually only play by myself so i have no idea, you may try rebinding it, but ill try to see what i can find out when i get back on

1 hour ago, ZPS said:

I usually only play by myself so i have no idea, you may try rebinding it, but ill try to see what i can find out when i get back on

i have not been able to find a way to bring it up, im sorry

21 hours ago, ZPS said:

i have not been able to find a way to bring it up, im sorry

On 4/26/2022 at 7:02 AM, ZPS said:

Have you guys checked whether you are still on the experimental build or updated to 20.4 b42 stable?

Hi all. We did a down grade version. We go back to version alpha 20.3

20 hours ago, Cherry Poppinz said:

According to Steam, there was a 20.4 b42 stable update on April 25th. Y'all might wanna check that out

I'm not sure if that'll fix it, but might as well try for those that haven't yet

This version 20.4 b42 is not stable with MODs. We have try all possibilities and no one worked.

Hello!

Edit: MAKE BACKUPS incase it goes wrong. This worked for me, your server may be different.

Situation:

I play on a dedicated server hosted on Nitrado, this bug was present despite restarts etc.

I decided yesterday evening to check up on the files of the server related to the XUI configs that gets sent to the client when you join the server.

I found that the versions on my computer and the server weren't the same, some of them should have been updated with the new patch 20.4 B42 but the server for some reason did not.

Fix?

Upload the updated files from my PC to the server, restart and voilá.

Guide-ish:

Go to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config" (or where your local game is installed)

Go to: your server's "7 Days To Die\Data\Config" folder

Check the three folders named XUi, XUi_Common and XUi_Menu 

Check the last edited time for the files in the above folders on both PC and server.

If any are newer on your PC than server that means your server also failed to update it's files.

For me, the following files were not updated on my server, but my PC had updated versions.

XUi/controls.xml

XUi/windows.xml

XUi/xui.xml

XUi_Menu/controls.xml

XUi_Menu/windows.xml

For safety, I renamed the server files and added the prefix "OLD" for backup in case it goes bleh.

Then I simply uploaded the above 5 files to their correct folder, started the server and it worked.

The issue in itself seemed to simply be a config file disparancy where your PC and server didn't have matching versions, which is why it has helped some to reinstall the server, thus possibly updating those files correctly.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Kevin.

Archived