How to add new book collection.

FFW_Rude

Hello,

I would like to add new books into the game using the new system (the collection thingy).

Now adding books and new block, i know. Making new block in Unity i figured it out with Xyth guide and a few fiddling (since it's a little different than old Alpha)

I explored the XML files but didn't find where i can find the game collection perk.

What i want to do is add new books, then add a collection and add a reward if you complete the collection. Where do i look ?

Also another question because i'm unsure that i know. How do i add my new books in the same loot table as existing one. I'm assuming it's an expand of xPath but it's kinda hard to test if i pick the right one.

Help is appreciated (even pointing me to an existing mod that does it is helpfull since i only need XML knowledge (i guess ?))

The books all give perks, which are in progression.xml. I have made a couple sets in my Wasteland mod, and I'm sure there are several others you could use as an example.

Easiest way to add them to loot is just search for an existing book in loot.xml and append yours into the same loot group. There's the groups "perkBooksT0" through "perkBooksT2" that the vanilla ones are in. Would just have to decide what tier your books fall into. There's probably a similar group in traders.xml if you want them for sale there.

Archived