Shout-out to those responsible for the xml modding framework.

John Black

On 4/6/2022 at 9:37 PM, Roland said:

I agree that the barrier to using a mod may be too high for some users and it really has to be up to them whether they want those changes badly enough to invest the learning and time needed to make it happen.

But there are some who complain AND they admit that they currently use mods. They use them and act like using them is a sign of failure on the part of the developers. The first time I modded extra zombies into my game I had a huge grin on my face and felt a great sense of enjoyment. But some others who do the same thing seem to have a big frown on their face and feel a great sense of indignation...

It really depends. If you have something like an unnofficial patch that fixes bugs and tweaks overlooks, meshes and other "canon" mistakes, then I would definitely say that THAT specific mod is a sign of failure to support the game from the devs' side. If instead the mod tweaks,invents, reinvents or changes the experience, then it is in fact the contrary and 7dtd should be praised as is the case right now.

But be aware that 7dtd is in alpha and in active development, and the core topic of your argument shouldn't be brought forward until after a while of 1.0 being released, so we can really tell if bugs are a' plenty or not.

Archived