6K or 8K Map Random Gen (Singleplayer)

Spadaa

Good evening fellow humans i have a problem i can't decide between a 6K and 8K Map 

i feel like 6K is to small and 8K is to Big 

If you were in my position how would you decide i post you the maps for better understanding

8K Map: The 8K Map has bigger cities with lots of Skyscrapers with is pretty tempting 

resized-af9251503-bandicam-2022-04-02-00

6K Map: The 6K Map has more pois in the wilderness 

resized-5a0b51254-bandicam-2022-04-02-00

6k is plenty of space for single player and unless you like open areas the 6k map you show above is pretty much full.

How long do you typically play the same map?  Do you have loot respawn on?  Air drops?  Point is that if you are after resources you would find it very difficult to exhaust even a 6k map in 100 days without loot respawn or air drops.

Again... if you don't play for hundreds of days then yeah, I'd go with the 6k map because you will find yourself busier.  The 8k map has a lot of open areas to travel through, and if that is your thing then there might be a reason to choose it, but otherwise I'd go with the 6k map.

I generally prefer smaller maps, mostly because I don't usually spend a lot of time on a map for various reasons.  Once you get vehicles and start moving around that way then the map will seem smaller... sometimes a LOT smaller.  If you find yourself mostly playing maps at least until you get vehicles then larger maps may be for you.  For me that really isn't the case.  Huge open maps without vehicles can be time intensive to play so I avoid that.

I have a LOT of hours in this game (6555 hours according to Steam) so what is fun for me will likely not be fun for you.  I don't play as much as I used to and have only played a few dozen hours between alphas 19 and 20 combined so far.  While I'm more than able to poke around in the XML and modify the game I feel I'm in no hurry to do so and will likely wait for near release to fully get into modding.  My point is pretty much that I'm in a very different place of enjoyment than most players simply because I've played for so long and have already experienced so much.

My biggest desire for the game is that TFP make as much of the experience as possible be customizable.

I see those maps are a bit older. I am not sure how it is in Alpha 20, but there can be issues playing a map from a older version. 

Personally i would suggest 8K due to the layout of the biomes if you are new to the game. The desert is easier to reach. I wouldn´t worry about the travel distance as you need a vehicle anyways to get to the other biomes,  no matter if you play the 6K or 8K map.

They seem to be from A20.0 while we are at A20.3 right now. They will propably work just fine, i am not sure what has changed in regards of POI´s and map generation from A20.0 to A20.3 though.

Not saying that you will have problems for sure, but generally it´s always a good idea to use a map that is created with the current version of the game.

Archived