World Editor A20: not possible to edit terrain?

Saudor

I have a world created in RWG that i want to make changes to the terrain (removing hill, trees, etc). I have tried making changes using the dev super digger and the z selection tools. However, world reverts automatically after a while (e.g. removed trees/hills get restored) or they come back immediately when leaving the chunk and returning. Tried issuing saveworld and the save button but it doesn’t make any difference. 

The only thing that works is placing POIs and nothing else. Is this all you can do with the world editor? This gets really annoying since world terrain like trees superimpose themselves into the POI itself. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 10:34 PM, Beelzybub said:

afaik, you can't edit terrain.

That’s quite the bummer. It’s almost impossible to place any POI where there wasn’t a POI there in the first place since all the trees and rocks poke right through the walls. 

On 3/31/2022 at 3:13 AM, Saudor said:

However, world reverts automatically after a while

This isn't normal game behavior. A destroyed/flattened area stays destroyed unless it is reset by a quest or admin command.

But in the World Editor, all bets are off, I have not had success using that function.

• 11 months later...

The same exact thing happened to me last night...
So I added my POI to the Map/saved game I'm editing with World Editor. I decided to remove the grass and fences etc and replace them with pavement connected to the road to the Trader. I SAVE, Leave, do something else, come back - all those changes revert...

I read something about chunks and region files... I'm wondering if you delete the region file and save the changes you made - if that will replace the deleted region file with your newly editing chunk... Hope that all makes sense. But at least the POI is still there...

Well...
I figured something out that worked perfectly (for my needs).

So since my POI is already in that save - and I know exactly how I want the new renovations to the terrain laid out - I went back into the Prefab editor, made the changes THERE, SAVED, and then went BACK into the World Editor - and THAT changed the POI/Terrain exactly as I wanted it. I guess if you have the POI in the Prefab editor active that you're working on in the World Editor - it automatically applies the changes to the World Editor once you save in the Prefab editor.

I've confirmed this twice now so I know it works exactly as I have said it here.