The 7th Curse questions

Thaledwyn

Hey,

I've got some questions about The 7th Curse reward for reading all brawler books:

The 7th unarmed strike landed in a short time does 300% damage

1. Is there any visual or audio indicator for this? If not, could you please add one?

2. How long is the "short time"?

3. Is the counter binded to the player or to the target? (Does it reset to 0 if I change targets?)

Code below, but it looks like 7 seconds and it makes a sound when you make the special attack but not if you fail to do so within the time allotted.

From buffs.xml:

<buff name="buffPerkBarBrawling8Complete" name_key="perkBarBrawling8CompleteDesc" description_key="perkBarBrawling8CompleteLongDesc" icon="ui_game_symbol_7th_curse">
		<stack_type value="replace"/>
		<duration value="2.1"/>
		<display_value value=".BarBrawling8CompleteCombo"/>
		<effect_group>
			<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar=".BarBrawling8CompleteCombo" operation="GTE" value="6"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStack" action="AddBuff" buff="buffPerkBarBrawling8CompleteBonus"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStack" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffPerkBarBrawling8Complete"/>
		</effect_group>

<effect_group name="cleanup">
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="ModifyCVar" cvar=".BarBrawling8CompleteCombo" operation="set" value="0"/>
		</effect_group>
	</buff>

<buff name="buffPerkBarBrawling8CompleteBonus" name_key="perkBarBrawling8CompleteDesc" description_key="perkBarBrawling8CompleteLongDesc" icon="ui_game_symbol_7th_curse" icon_color="0,255,0" icon_blink="true">
		<stack_type value="ignore"/>
		<duration value="7"/>

<effect_group name="Cleanup">
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar=".BarBrawling8CompleteBonusRemove" operation="add" value="1"/>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfSecondaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar=".BarBrawling8CompleteBonusRemove" operation="add" value="1"/>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="ModifyCVar" cvar=".BarBrawling8CompleteBonusRemove" operation="set" value="0"/>

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="0,0,2,2" duration="0,.08,.09,777">
				<requirement name="ItemHasTags" tags="perkBrawler"/>
			</passive_effect>
		</effect_group>

<effect_group name="play crunchy sound">
			<requirement name="ItemHasTags" tags="perkBrawler"/>
			<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar=".BarBrawling8CompleteBonusRemove" operation="GT" value="0"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfAttackedOther" action="PlaySound" sound="breakleg"/>
		</effect_group>

<effect_group name="wait until the next attack (with any weapon) has started AND ended, then remove bonus">
			<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar=".BarBrawling8CompleteBonusRemove" operation="GT" value="1"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffPerkBarBrawling8CompleteBonus"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfSecondaryActionEnd" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffPerkBarBrawling8CompleteBonus"/>
				<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfAttackedOther" action="PlaySound" sound="breakleg"/>
		</effect_group>
	</buff>

EDIT: Added another chunk of code.

Edited by Maharin (see edit history)

It makes a sound like breaking a leg when it triggers.

In practice I rarely hear it, because I've already killed the zombie, or for the stronger zombies I hit and run a bit to try and avoid injuries. I imagine it might be useful at earlier stages, when you're facing walking zombies and they don't die even with multiple headshots.