Stacks of Gunpowder Take Longer Than Non-Stacked

overgoat

Creating stacks of 1000 gunpowder at the chem station currently takes 27 minutes where individual 1000 gunpowder only takes 15 minutes.  While creating stacks does take fewer resources, the time penalty doesn't seem to make sense.  Is this is a bug?

I think it has more to do with how times are rounded. The time it takes to process is based on the "weight" of the material. If you count 1000 individual items that are 1.3 grams and round each items weight value you get 1000. If you take them as a solid stack, it's 1300.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:14 PM, SylenThunder said:

I think it has more to do with how times are rounded. The time it takes to process is based on the "weight" of the material. If you count 1000 individual items that are 1.3 grams and round each items weight value you get 1000. If you take them as a solid stack, it's 1300.

I think it is based on the time in the recipes file actually, I made a modlet that decreased the time of making certain high level recipes in the past and that was the value I changed:

<recipe name="resourceGunPowderBundle" count="1" craft_time="1800" craft_area="chemistryStation" tags="learnable,chemStationCrafting">

Single gunpowder looks to be controlled via weight but the bundle for gunpowder is based on the craft _time.  Here the default is 30 minutes.  I am assuming the OP has a buff which is reducing the crafting time by 10% (3 minutes) which gives him the time of 27 minutes to craft the bundle.  If you had a modlet to change that value say from 1800 to 900, then the default crafting time will change to 15 minutes (or in the case of the OP, 13.5 minutes with his current playthrough).