Scopes and Optics

OneManStanding

The guns in the game have been overhauled, this includes the scopes; Each weapon has a unique scope when it is applied to the gun.

This is most apparent with the reflex sight because you actually see it when you zoom in. The shotgun has my favourite model of reflex sight - an Eotech. Meanwhile, my would-be favourite gun, the lever action rifle, has a strange junk-like reflex with a flap on top which makes for a bit of a cluttered aiming picture. This is annoying because the nub of the default iron sight is a little bit below where the crosshairs would touch; I don't know if this is authentic or not but I naturally try to put the nub on the target rather than a mite below it. At a longer distance you can tend to aim a little high.

As a suggestion, I would like it if we could put together the bits and pieces to make a reflex sight, and then pick which actual model we make on the workbench.

There are as it stands many instance of objects that come with different selectable forms.

From what I can tell they are still working on scopes. I think it was A19 (might have been another one), I stopped using a reflex sight on the SMG because the reflex sight and the iron sight were off by a lot, I'd aim down sight and wonder why I kept missing, then realize I was aiming with the iron sight. When I'd adjust the aim to use the reflex sight I'd start hitting. Yet if I took the reflex sight off then the iron sight would work fine. I was happy to see in A20 that both sights line up correctly on the SMG.

Now if they'd have a toggle to turn off the crosshairs when aiming down sight I'd love it lol. I really need to learn how to make a modlet so I don't have to keep changing the XML each time there is an update.