Invisible mode + showing items in hand

Robeloto

Every time I press the invisible mode the item I hold in my hand goes invisible. This is resulting I cannot have the flashlight on and point at the zombies. I knew this worked before in previous versions, but I can't get it to work now. Is there any way?

This is how I want it to be. And I cannot show off my zombies without a flashlight, cause some zombies are only visible with flashlight on

Edited by Robeloto (see edit history)

36 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

why not just show off the zombies with invisibility off and flashlight on?

Most likely, you would have to modify the c# code to make changes to those types of modes since they are part of the debug tools.

They need to stand still of course. That is why I want invisibility.

I solved it btw.

in entityclasses.xml

zombieTemplateMale

<property name="AITask-1" value="Look"/>
    <property name="AITarget-1" value="SetAsTargetIfHurt" data="class=EntityEnemyAnimal"/>

Set this to the only Task and Target. Make sure any remaining zombies also use that and now AI is turned off. They stand perfectly still and you can look at them without them moving. So beautiful!!! So happy now!

16 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

You can also disable NPC AI via the * key on the keypad in Debug Mode

Then you don't have to modify any xml files.

Seems you just don't listen. Why even write if you can't properly read threads?

Every time I press the invisible mode the item I hold in my hand goes invisible. This is resulting I cannot have the flashlight on and point at the zombies. I knew this worked before in previous versions, but I can't get it to work now. Is there any way?

1 hour ago, Robeloto said:

Seems you just don't listen. Why even write if you can't properly read threads?

Wow, who @%$#ed in your cheerios this morning?

Just trying to help.  Sometimes people know these tips and tricks, sometimes they don't.

Turning off the AI via the * key makes them stand still.  And then you can point the flashlight at them without having to go invisible.  It's just another way to do what you did without having to modify the XML files to do it.

But hey, you don't want to hear about other ways to do the same thing, that's up to you.  Some of us like to help others, even if they are going to be jerks about it.

On 2/13/2022 at 9:42 PM, BFT2020 said:

Wow, who @%$#ed in your cheerios this morning?

Just trying to help.  Sometimes people know these tips and tricks, sometimes they don't.

Turning off the AI via the * key makes them stand still.  And then you can point the flashlight at them without having to go invisible.  It's just another way to do what you did without having to modify the XML files to do it.

But hey, you don't want to hear about other ways to do the same thing, that's up to you.  Some of us like to help others, even if they are going to be jerks about it.

Sorry, but yea I have had a very @%$#ty day so I apologize if it came off as being rude. The problem is when I press the * key and use the invisible mode, the item in my hand goes away and no flashlight or light will be seen. I even tried setting the light on my dev mining helmet, but it goes away as soon as I press the * invisible mode key.

edit: So both the invisible mode and turn off AI were on the same key. Invisible can be changed into another key atleast. Still if the zombies is turned off, they will puke at me while standing still. :(

And again. I am very sorry for what I said earlier.