Close up and personal

Warpspawn

Why is it? I can watch zombies happily leaping cactus in the desert at a 100m, bears tearing them a new 1 at 150m, vulture hordes circling the trader at 200m, but can't see 3 zombies in the yard 1m below the wall I'm crouched on until i drop into the yard. I snipe zombies the length of main street, but can't see them through a fence or a hole in the fence. I understand sleepers don't spawn on the building next door until you get within a certain distance, because of rendering limitations. but surely they should be spawned in if I am standing in or on a POI

We have the same problem when walking around.  Our heads are on a swivel so we can keep an eye out for zombies but somehow they keep getting the jump on us.  We'll be walking down an open street, not a zombie in sight.  We'll look behind us to see if we are being followed, and see nothing, and when we turn back we are being attacked by zombies out of nowhere.  While fighting those we'll be getting attacked by zombies from the back that weren't there.  We really feel like the zombies are just spawning on us.  I know they do it in POIs but this is out in the wilderness or on city streets.

At first I thought it was just my potato pc just being slow to render them in, so I'd wait at the door for them to render or spawn in, nope still happened. then I watched you tubers with gaming rigs I could only dream of having the same issue.

Now I won't feel bad about ignoring the shining path the dev's want me to tread. I'll complete the quests my way, after all it's about survival.