bed roll vs making a bed

sliverdemon41

quick question everyone about the bedroll vs making a bed..   If i create a king bed in the game and lay it down in my base, is that the same thing as making and  putting down the bed roll because i noticed when i made the king bed it put a icon on the top of my compass as a bed but i didn't make a bedroll yet.. when i did make a bedroll and laid it down. the bed was no longer on the compass. so is it the same making a bed in the game as the bedroll does and if you do die you spawn on the bed you made.  please help

The King Sized Bed works as a bedroll as well, it's just one that you can't move.  If you put down a King Sized Bed it will be your respawn point.  If you put down another bed or a bedroll it will overwrite the King Sized Bed and it will just become a decoration.  I thought I read somewhere that you could put down multiple beds and just switch between which one is your respawn point but maybe I just dreamt that up.

Yep, Sjustus548 is correct.  If you plan on putting bedrolls out as a spawn point, then don't use the King bed.

However, if you play Dead is Dead, then use whatever you want.

I eventually go with the King bed no matter how I play because I don't want the spawn point to be outside of the POI I was in when I died, but back at my base.  Forces me to walk / bike all the way back to the POI to get the stuff outside of the POI I left (I play delete on death).