Fort Bites?

ghostsniper

19 hours ago, ghostsniper said:

Hi there! I was wondering if Fort Bites has been continued to use in the new Alpha? And also, is it possible for the developers to decrease the crafting time on Fort Bites. I feel like 15-15+ minutes is too long. Thoughts?

Are you perked into Physician?

I don't use candies myself, but I know the Physician perk in the Int branch gives you a reduction in crafting time.  Levels 2 & 3 give you a 20% reduction while maxing it out at level 4 gives you a 40% reduction.

13 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Are you perked into Physician?

I don't use candies myself, but I know the Physician perk in the Int branch gives you a reduction in crafting time.  Levels 2 & 3 give you a 20% reduction while maxing it out at level 4 gives you a 40% reduction.

I'm 4/4 in Physician and Fort Bites take 19:04 to craft.  With the Nerd Glasses, which gives a 10% reduction to crafting time, it drops it down to 15:53.

Hey, thanks for replying to this random topic, but unfortunately I'm max level and all skill levels are max and I still have skill points before I maxed level. I know I'm still playing Alpha 19.6, so anyway there's that.

To Sjustus548: That's exactly what I was trying to input in my first message. My unanswered question now is I wonder if the developers would decrease that time?.... It seems so long to wait.

I don't know what TFP are planning on doing, but if you are interested, I can probably whip up a modlet that would decrease the time to make them.

I noticed in the recipes file that it doesn't have a crafting time so it is hardcoded somewhere in the files to determine a default crafting time for items in the chemistry station.

If my logic is working correctly, I should be able  to add a crafting time to the recipe that will override the default crafting time the game gives Fort Bites.

I will probably try it tonight just to see if I can actually do it.  If you do want something to lower the crafting time, give me a target of what you want and I can see what I can do.

10 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I don't know what TFP are planning on doing, but if you are interested, I can probably whip up a modlet that would decrease the time to make them.

I noticed in the recipes file that it doesn't have a crafting time so it is hardcoded somewhere in the files to determine a default crafting time for items in the chemistry station.

If my logic is working correctly, I should be able  to add a crafting time to the recipe that will override the default crafting time the game gives Fort Bites.

I will probably try it tonight just to see if I can actually do it.  If you do want something to lower the crafting time, give me a target of what you want and I can see what I can do.

Hey thanks but I don't know if it will work since I'm running a previous version. I like your idea though, and pretty much "Fort Bites" was the only one.

I don't know if I should put this, but before Alpha 19.5 I enjoyed coding a little bit with the time crafting on some ingredients (especially Fort Bites) before TFP upgraded it where I couldn't anymore (related to what you said in the 2nd paragraph).

I did see online there was mods, but you had/have to sign up for them and I didnt feel like signing up for more websites. 😛

Let me know which version you are running and I can see what I can do.

Right now I got both A19 and A20 config files so I can easily go between each one (and even as far as A20/A20.1).  As long as I can download the version from Steam, I can easily set it up and test it out.

Worst case is, I come back and say No luck  😁

You won't have to sign up for mine.  I will post it in github or something similar (and public) so all you would have to do is download it and then verify no malware / viruses.

11 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Let me know which version you are running and I can see what I can do.

Right now I got both A19 and A20 config files so I can easily go between each one (and even as far as A20/A20.1).  As long as I can download the version from Steam, I can easily set it up and test it out.

Worst case is, I come back and say No luck  😁

You won't have to sign up for mine.  I will post it in github or something similar (and public) so all you would have to do is download it and then verify no malware / viruses.

Oh ok; cool! I think mods are cool especially for LFD2 which I play, but for some reason TFP didn't have any for 7DTD, as far as I know except the ones that other people created online.

I did post my version above, but I'll let you know again.

It's Alpha 19.6

22 minutes ago, ghostsniper said:

I did post my version above, but I'll let you know again.

It's Alpha 19.6

Duh I missed that.

Already gotten it written up to change the time to 10 minutes, will see if that works first on Alpha 20 and then Alpha 19.6 (nothing changed between 19.6 and 20 for recipes crafting times as far as I know so I can check my coding first on the version I have loaded up and then verify with Alpha 19.6).

Don't worry about the 10 minutes, if you want to change it to a different time I will include instructions on how to do it yourself.

4 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Duh I missed that.

Already gotten it written up to change the time to 10 minutes, will see if that works first on Alpha 20 and then Alpha 19.6 (nothing changed between 19.6 and 20 for recipes crafting times as far as I know so I can check my coding first on the version I have loaded up and then verify with Alpha 19.6).

Don't worry about the 10 minutes, if you want to change it to a different time I will include instructions on how to do it yourself.

Ok, great! And thanks! Wish I could do some real coding and create stuff. I'm unfortunately inexperienced at it. 🥴

Here is the link to the file (readme included in file so you can adjust the time to what you want).  Download and scan for any viruses before opening.

https://github.com/BFT2020/FortBites

How to install mods (in case you don't know already)

https://7daystodiemods.com/how-to-install-7-days-to-die-mods/

And snapshot of the changes (works for 19.6 also, I just took a lousy SS when I was checking in 19.6) - this is with max perks so 40% reduction in time

A20.1_2022-01-26_21-00-34.thumb.jpg.529d0c0c95563e14dbb721b3125d8db2.jpg

14 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Here is the link to the file (readme included in file so you can adjust the time to what you want).  Download and scan for any viruses before opening.

And snapshot of the changes (works for 19.6 also, I just took a lousy SS when I was checking in 19.6) - this is with max perks so 40% reduction in time

Thanks BFT2020! Also, if one of my family members wanted to join, they would have to download it too right? 

1 minute ago, ghostsniper said:

Thanks BFT2020! Also, if one of my family members wanted to join, they would have to download it too right? 

Since this only edits the xml file, it should work server side only (as your family member's game will download the server settings when the connect to it),

Verify it by checking in game to see what the time says on their end.  If it is working correct, you should see 10 minutes (unperked) for FortBites in the crafting menu.

35 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Since this only edits the xml file, it should work server side only (as your family member's game will download the server settings when the connect to it),

Verify it by checking in game to see what the time says on their end.  If it is working correct, you should see 10 minutes (unperked) for FortBites in the crafting menu.

Ok cool! I hope to try it later today 👍

On 1/26/2022 at 8:19 PM, BFT2020 said:

Ok, downloaded your file, created "Mod" folder and moved the file to the "Mod" folder. When I start the game, would it read that mod and change it or is there another thing to install?

If you installed it correctly, the game will load it up when you start.  If you hit F1 (the console) you can see if everything loads up fine

2022-01-29T18:19:21 6.429 INF [MODS] Start loading
2022-01-29T18:19:21 6.433 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: Z_BTF2020_FortNites
2022-01-29T18:19:21 6.458 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: Z_BTF2020_FortNites (0.1)
2022-01-29T18:19:21 6.459 INF [MODS] Initializing mod code
2022-01-29T18:19:21 6.459 INF [MODS] Loading done

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

If you installed it correctly, the game will load it up when you start.  If you hit F1 (the console) you can see if everything loads up fine

Oh cool! Looks like it was a pass! 😁

20220129_190142.jpg

1 minute ago, ghostsniper said:

Oh cool! Looks like it was a pass! 😁

20220129_190142.jpg

Checked the chemistry station too! Thanks BFT2020!

16435046139153301083070520048666.jpg