Animals drop lard instead of bones

Vinyl

Bones need to be more useful full stop, why have them drop so often when you can only use them for a low rent shiv? The potential for bones in the early game is immense, how about making bone strips for bow making or sharpened for traps and spikes, or adding to leather or cloth clothing for some armour buffs? How about being able to use it as a fuel or a way to make a basic food (bone stew with marrow anyone? yum). Right now all I do is drop them.

[QUOTE=Vinyl;128803]Lard is animal oil used for cooking It could maybe be also used for soap (Body odor) and candles. As it is right now, I drop any bones I accidentally pick up from animals.[/QUOTE] Lard is a interesting and likable idea, but soap to be clean. Trust me clean is a smell animals know to avoid, and zombies probably crave. Being Zest fully clean may help you avoid infection but not camouflage your human smell. Having served in the Corps and being in the field for long periods of time I assure you that even a weak human nose like mine can smell clean people from a mile away. I can only imagine a instinctive predatory beast would as bad if not worse. I don't wanna take a bath.

[QUOTE=Scornstar;128975]Lard is a interesting and likable idea, but soap to be clean. Trust me clean is a smell animals know to avoid, and zombies probably crave. Being Zest fully clean may help you avoid infection but not camouflage your human smell. Having served in the Corps and being in the field for long periods of time I assure you that even a weak human nose like mine can smell clean people from a mile away. I can only imagine a instinctive predatory beast would as bad if not worse. I don't wanna take a bath.[/QUOTE] What about a deodorant or soap product like the kind used when hunting, that only kills scents on you and doesn't make you smell "clean" just removes or lessens any smells lingering on your person?

Archived