[REQUEST] Heavy Armor and Light Armor Modlet

Ashram

Hello

I would like to have a modlet for these 2 perks, Heavy Armor and Light Armor, because I think they are not enough attractives...

I would like to have the same as vanilla and a new bonus, +1 on Heavy (or Light) Armor Rating and +1 on Explosion Resistance for each perk's level

or something equivalent...

https://www.zupimages.net/up/22/04/i50u.png

I would like to have that thing to play safer on higher difficulty, if it's possible

Thank you, I can make some basical modlet but for that I don't have enough knowledges

(Sorry if my english is poor)

so the easiest thing to do is to add a line to the progression.xml file for that perk.  What I would do is insert something like this:

<insertAfter xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkLightArmor']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='DegradationPerUse']">

<passive_effect name="PhysicalDamageResist" operation="base_add" level="0,4" value="0,4" tags="lightArmor"/>

</insertAfter>

So with this line, the perk for Light Armor will now add an additional 1 point of physical damage resistance for each perk level.  If you don't perk into it, it doesn't add one the base value.  This will apply to anything with the lightArmor tag.  For Heavy Armor, you need to change the tag to heavyArmor and change the perk name.

This can be done with several of the effects that you will want to modify.  You just need to change the perk name and passive effect name.

Creating a modlet is easy.  You can download any in the Game Modifications / Mods threads (lots of good examples there).  You can also use mine as a reference as I modified the progression file in mine

7 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Read the bottom of buffs.xml. Lots of good info there.

That's Gazz's work right?  I read a lot of his documentation in the files to help out modders.  Hopefully he will have the chance to update it before final release.