Xbox controller weird lag problem

Warpspawn

This may have been addressed before, but search could not find it

I got this weird problem when using an Xbox 1 wireless controller, it works fine with movement, back and forth, zoom, selecting, inventory etc, but it's the thumb sticks that are the problem.

the left stick works fine until you get on a vehicle it then becomes hyper sensitive, to the point of do not touch stick if you wish to go straight or you'll 180.

the right stick on the other hand is the opposite, if i want look or turn around it's like moving through treacle, i have to do a 3 point turn rather than die trying to turn around.

i can't run horde nights as the aim is so slow

i have no idea why this is happening, i've done the setup for the controller, dead zone etc. it works fine on other games like no mans sky.

has anyone else been having this issue and how did they fix it?

i have tried a windows 10 wired controller but it's the same twitchy left, sticky right.

i have tried launching from steam, desktop launcher, and in big picture mode, same problem.

I have got a wireless mouse and keyboard but they are even more twitchy than the left stick.

There are two control schemes for vehicles. To switch between them you have to get on a vehicle and press the left (possibly the right, check the default keys to see which one changes it) mouse button. That will change to the alternate controls. I find it to be better on a gamepad with the alternate. And yes, I'm aware changing the default control scheme for a gamepad with the mouse is counterintuitive, but I don't work here.

• 3 weeks later...

it's not vehicle control that's the problem, i worked out how to drive and fly, it's character control, specifically look/pan/turn whatever you want to call it. forward, backward and strafe sometimes a little too aggressive, but useable with care. look is just frustrating