Moving dedicated server to new user account

Lord Morphleyes

Using windows 10 or 11, its all so confusing now. 

My user profile  (with dedicated server) has been corrupted and I created a new user profile and copied the entire contents (except pictures) from the old profile into the new one. When I started up the server from the new profile it was reset to day 1 and my character (had to remake 7d2d profile after)  was reset as well. 

I am confused, the 7d2d dedicated server is on C drive games.... not C drive user ...  

What I need though is where is the data on my old profile that my new profile needs in order to keep mine and the other players on my servers progress. I guess its just a copy and paste job? 

I am looking into the FAQ page to see if the answer is already there but with a snow storm coming I need a solution fast!  If my family is snowed in together and we have no 7d2D to play more than a few of us may turn feral. 

UPDATE

User/appdata 

Right!  I was just having to go to this a few days ago. Ok I am going to copy over all app data files or I guess at least the ones that are different 

Edited by Lord Morphleyes
Found my answer in the FAQ wish me luck (see edit history)

A different solution is to change a value in serverconfig.xml:

<property name="PersistentPlayerProfiles"               value="false" />                        <!-- If disabled a player can join with any selected profile. If true they will join with the last profile they joined with -->

If you change this to "true" then you will always enter as the same character if you use the same steam account.

I don't know if it would help you currently to get the old character back since you have played two characters with the same steam id now. But possibly you may want to change that setting to avoid similar problems in the future