NPCMod and Addons

xyth

I tested the NPC Mod at its base level, since this was a little more than configuration updates and here are the results:

This test consists of:

- 0-Score Version: 1.0.94.1447

- 0-XNPCCore Version: 1.0.13

- Navezgane World

This test is on a fresh Game Save just to confirm it is a viable combination on a new start.

As with a previous test to check the new spawning method for NPCs, I began in the Pine Forest and traveled East to the border. At that point I traveled South through the Burnt and down to the Desert.

The total distance was 4.29KM.

I saw 8 helper NPCs in that journey and hired 7 of them, with 4 Bakers, 2 Nurses, and Sally.

spacer.png

Hiring of each kind occurred appropriately and they responded as normal.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This test showed no warnings or errors in the console or log. Based on past experience, everything I tested worked appropriately and as expected.

This was a necessary update for the NPC Mod as TFP had implemented a change to entities which will be reaching Stable build soon enough.

- Updated persistent electricity effect when dismembering electrocuted zombie

This required a visit to Unity to ensure NPC Mod entities are compliant, and this update reflects that.

This is also something that NPC Mod Add On creators, and overhauls will also have to consider. The Wild West Mod is in final stage development and had to update 3 entities to be compliant with this change. Testing of Oakraven's Head Hunters showed they already check out just fine with initial testing, although they'll need to be monitored for a while for all use cases.

Updating from past builds can incur risks depending on what we have installed and how it all interacts. The developers and community have always encouraged sticking to a current play through without updating until the start of the next play through. In this case though, for players updating to b14 this is an essential update.

In summary, everything checked out just fine at the base level. With other mods, Add On Packs, and an existing save, the risks are always there.