Question: A20 Target farming, Glitched POI help

Mday

I am in lv137 and still missing some schematics (mostly from schematicsModsAndGeneralT2) and a lv6 pistol.

I tried to go though the loot.xml but knowing which loot group a schematic falls into doesn't tell me which container/POI to go for. So I have a few questions here:

1) Any chance a trader has T2 schematics in stock?

2) T1/T2/T3 buried supply quest can sometime spawn a schematics. Can these spawn T2 schematics?

3) Does book bookshelf from all POI, which pretty much looks the same, has the same loots?

Also in the server I am playing on, the skyscraper01 (which has many bookshelf) is glitched. 1/4 of the whole building is missing floor and wall. Starting a quest to reflash the POI does not fix the issue. Is there anyway from server side to reset that POI?

I would guess a POI is reset from files in Data/Prefabs in the game's directory. Tell the server admin to shut down the server, delete Data/Prefabs (or at least skyscraper01) and revalidate the game with steam. Do the same on your client just to be safe(r).

Is the floor really missing or does it just look so from a distance? If the latter it may simply be the new mesh feature that redraws buildings how they look from far away.

I would make rounds at the traders (there is almost nothing you can't get from traders AFAIK) every 3 days, that is your best chance. Additionally any book case has a chance for it, so yes, go for bookstores and book cases in normal POIs.

Re: "but knowing which loot group a schematic falls into doesn't tell me which container/POI to go for". You made the right move just didn't go to the end. If you find a loot group this schematic is in, search for every occurence of that loot group. That may be another loot group. Search again for that loot group and so on. You will always eventually land on a final loot group that is not inside other loot groups and has a comment that hints at what it is in the game world.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

Is the floor really missing or does it just look so from a distance? If the latter it may simply be the new mesh feature that redraws buildings how they look from far away.

Ok let me give more detail how it is.

1) I was flying on my gyro. Trying to land on the roof of skyscraper01. Everything looks fine until the moment I somewhat crash/landed on the building, and mob started to spawn.

2) As the mob spawn, about 1/4 of the building suddently lost all it's floor and wall. So "naturally" mobs/me and my gyro fall to ground level. Furnitures alike are not affected and will hang on mid air.

3) So as I try to nerd pole my way to the ammo chest I notice something. If I place a block on the missing floor, adjacent tile will reappear.

The building will look normal form afar so if anything, I will say the mesh is not affected. (or you can say the mesh is glitched because it should not look normal from afar when 1/4 of the building has vanished.)

Edited by Mday (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, Mday said:

Ok let me give more detail how it is.

1) I was flying on my gyro. Trying to land on the roof of skyscraper01. Everything looks fine until the moment I somewhat crash/landed on the building, and mob started to spawn.

2) As the mob spawn, about 1/4 of the building suddently lost all it's floor and wall. So "naturally" mobs/me and my gyro fall to ground level. Furnitures alike are not affected and will hang on mid air.

3) So as I try to nerd pole my way to the ammo chest I notice something. If I place a block on the missing floor, adjacent tile will reappear.

The building will look normal form afar so if anything, I will say the mesh is not affected. (or you can say the mesh is glitched because it should not look normal from afar when 1/4 of the building has vanished.)

No, the mesh feature could also be deactived on that server, so you would not see any changes from the distance.

I assume the "losing it's floor" is NOT the blocks falling down of Structural Integrity failing but a sudden vanish of all those blocks. That sounds like an issue with your client "forgetting" the blocks and the server reaffirming the blocks when you build something (At least that is a theory that sounds somewhat plausibe to me). Could be network failures.

You could create a thread in "General Support", (read the pinned thread there and follow its advice) and post the client logfile as a minimum, though for a complete picture you would need to post the server log as well.