A20 dedicated server severconfiq.xml questions

Lord Morphleyes

I am setting up a dedicated server. I ran a dedicated sever for A19. 

My questions in order of priority. 

I want to use the PREGEN8K map. Are these the correct settings to do that? 

Game World.        Pregen8k

WorldGenSeed.    Asdf

Worldgensize.      6144

What does DynamicMesh do?

PersistentPlayerProfiles 

Does "False" mean that I can use a different character from my same steam account and start from scratch on the same world or does it just change my physical characteristics? 

ServerLoginConfirmationText

Does True/False go into the value?

If I am to type the text I want displayed can it include a "?" Symbol and spaces? 

Ex.

Value="Ready to start?"  />

Generally you'll learn the most about operating a server if you just try out what you think is correct and test it out. 

If you had started with that setting of Game World, probably everything would have been just .... fine. 😉. I usually set Worldgensize to the correct value (in this case 8192) but according to the text in the serverconfig file this seems not necessary.

DynamicMesh is the feature that buildings you build or POIs you destroy can be seen from afar.

I have never used the Profiles=False setting, but I would guess the former is true according to description.

Comfirmationtext should be able to hold anything except " . And even " might be possible with some escaping, but I don't know what the escape character is for XML

If you set Persistant Profiles to false, every time you log in as a Day 1 new player. Basically, none of your progress is saved. In my opinion, I have no idea why this would even be an option. 

Edit: you can type any letter, number or symbol in the server confirmation text.

Edited by Star69 (see edit history)

I used the worldgenseed and worldgensize from the present file.  I seemed to have worked. 

The persistent player profile i left as False since that was the default and that was what our A19 server was set to and it never gave us a problem.   I tested it by leaving the game choosing a different profile and then joining again.  I was at the same place with the same gear and points. 

To that though, the game always uses my Steam name and never the actual name for the character who's profile I am using. 

Tha k you all for your help.