Map opens to waypoint search?

Grimly

Could someone tell me weather the map opening to waypoint search is a feature or a bug? It's incredibly annoying. It doesn't matter how I open the map. I use a controller so every time I open my map I end up having to hit B to close the way point search and see the actual map. If it happens to be something i can turn off, kindly direct me to how I friggin do that 

Do you know if there's a way to just go back to showing the map instead of it auto going to the search? I run my steam in big picture mode so I can just type at random times  so I don't get the red message you do, This is what happens when I open my map. If that's a bug I'm gonna be reporting it so it gets fixed

spacer.png

@Grimly It's a Steam setting. Steam->Settings-> Ingame and its the first group of checkboxes. That disables the onscreen keyboard. I have it disabled so I'm not getting the keyboard pop up. You should bug report it though because the map window is definitely giving focus to the waypoint searchbox causing it to call for the onscreen keyboard.