A20 b231 patch update not loading game 12/16/21

Rkidd94

So I updated 7 days to die to the A20 b231 patch that was released today. I tried to load my game from the latest Alpha 20 beta, but I keep receiving an error and it will not load anything.  I have tried restarting steam, validating the game files, restarting my computer and nothing. It also has a bunch of twitch errors just before this error at the top. I also do not have an anti virus protector enabled.

This is the error message:

EXC IOException: Win31 IO returned 23. Path: A:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die\Data\Config\gameevents.xml

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance,

Ray

That sux....you probably won't like my suggestion so I'd wait a bit to see if someone else has any ideas but I'd do a clean uninstall/install of the game. Bring up the game launcher, select the Tools tab, select Clean Game Data and check everything and hit Clean. Then uninstall the game. Before installing again, be sure under Betas that you have checked Latest Experimental-unstable then when it's installed, only A20 gets installed. Once installed, verify files twice just in case. It should solve your problem since A20 worked for you before. Downside is the time it takes and you'll lose your saves. Good luck!