Black Screen upon Game Load

ZenKevin

https://pastebin.com/fx7ZpUnN

When I run the game, I see the arrowhead cursor and hear the music, but I only see a black screen. It never gets to the menu. Any ideas?

Here's what I've tried:
1) Uninstalling the game completely, then reinstalling.

2) Verifying integrity of game files.

3) "Clean Game data" with everything selected.

4) Tried with and without EAC.

5) Tried DX11 and GLCore.

6) Tried disabling GameSparks.

Does the game start up long enough to generate a log file? If so paste it here using pastebin. Also be sure your Steam folder is excluded from your antivirus program. Lastly, be sure that you have the latest version of Microsoft Visual C Distributables installed. Do those things and see if it helps.

7 hours ago, Star69 said:

Does the game start up long enough to generate a log file? If so paste it here using pastebin. Also be sure your Steam folder is excluded from your antivirus program. Lastly, be sure that you have the latest version of Microsoft Visual C Distributables installed. Do those things and see if it helps.

I posted the link to my pastebin in my original post.

4 hours ago, Star69 said:

There is a file access violation……I’m pretty sure this only happens if you haven’t excluded Steam folder from your antivirus program. If there’s another cause, someone else will comment I'm sure.

Wow, you're good! I'm a bit embarrassed to admit, but it was the antivirus. I didn't think it was it because it was silently blocking access to the game file in the background without any notification.

I added the game directory to the whitelist, no more issue. :D Thank  you!