My thoughts on A20 so far.

Darklegend222

The supply drops are great, I personally won't enable them again unless I'm in multiplayer. They offer an ammo bundle at times so you can craft your own ammo instead of getting 9mm when you really need 7.62 or shotgun shells.

The quests seem a lot better in regards to loot and the rewards you get after 5-10 are phenomenal if you're in solo play.

The amount of zombies in a city can easily overwhelm you even if you have feral sense disabled, The world feels much more lively.

I haven't done any farming yet as I'm swimming in so much meat and food isn't a problem (I'm on day 15, it's my second world). From the charts I've seen though at a perfect 50% ratio, it is better than 19.6. I think we should get a bonus % to get a seed per level in LotL though if it'll be random. It would also be beneficial to entirely remove tier 1 seed schematics from the game, I very highly doubt people will do farming at all with Cotton very early on in the game without the LotL perk.

So far my biggest gripe, ferals come way too soon. I'm only at GS 57 and I'm seeing a feral every other zombie. To really test it went through Dishong tower, yes at day 15 with a level 2 AK equipped with a drum mod. Which I'll get into later.

I've noticed the progression is much faster, having a nailgun and guns at the start is a major help especially with all the damn bears around. Enemies actually feel like a threat and as someone who mains insane difficulty, warrior is a challenge which is awesome.

I'm not sure how I feel about enemy progression though, even at GS 50-60 there are ferals everywhere and my sledgehammer struggles to do the job even with everything at default.

I'm not sure if that's because of my failure to adjust perfectly, the change in AI, or if I need to adopt a new play-style that isn't so ammo conservative. (I'm talking a click every 1-2 seconds at a zombie dog to save every bit of ammo reserve conservative.)

Other than the downsides, I really like the direction the game is going and I've never built cooler horde bases in my life that work fantastically.

The next couple paragraphs are about Dishong Tower, if you couldn't care less then please skip to the last paragraph!

To start, I noticed many frame drops near the entrance at high-ultra settings. I progressed to the top where the gaping hole in the corner was and I had to turn settings to low-medium because it ran at 5 fps from 30, when I get around 90-120 everywhere else. (Experimental I know, but let's not forget to include everything).

Everything else ran as expected, ferals and radiated at every single floor and my poor level 4 iron sledge just couldn't be used anymore for the tower. The real issue though, even tier 1-2 quests are having ferals and radiated zombies. There is very little way for me to not use ammo on them unless I use the frame in the door trick for melee. I'm not sure if it's intended for enemies to be spawn feral the way it is, either way I'm fine with it.

These are just my experiences and thoughts after all. Please tell me about yours, what are your likes/dislikes and how do you feel about the game? Let's do our best to have a healthy discussion!

I really should do a new install. I have feral sense on and on a way of 600m i didn´t see a single zombie. In a town. Not downtown though. During a quest in a POI i get like 1 or 2 visitors from outside. Same as in A19. When downtown it´s 3 or 4. 

Farming is good. You need points in living of the land and you can´t ignore seeds or harvestable plants anymore when outside, but it yields enough food. The nerf was needed.

The lag in downtown and dishong or other T5 POI´s is annoying, but as you said, it´s experimental. Let´s see what stable brings. It wouild be a bad joke if we get told that we can´t get more zombies due to hardware requirements and then they add something like this that is even more hardware hungry.

Early ferals are ok for me. You could carelessly go everywhere in earlier versions. That´s not how a game should work. That one feral in the dead rooster, wich is a T1 quest you might do on day one, is a bit much though. (that POI get´s an overhaul, so that should be solved)

The new town generation is just awesome, i like that T5 POI´s are harder now.

Overall a well done update. Love it.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)