Need help! Buddy got a new PC and can no longer connect to my PC/Game

Delahoussaye

Hi all,

Appreciate any advice that anyone has here. I've tried everything I can think of and am out of ideas.

My buddy got a new PC and set it up yesterday (and this is a windows 11 PC). Prior to that, we were playing A20 with no issues at all. He can no longer join my game. While the game is loading the console will usually drop down the console and throw out errors, eventually leading to a "cannot connect to game" error.

I have had other friends join my game with no issues.

I have tried to join my buddies game. It worked for a couple minutes but then I am unable to interact with anything and eventually buildings start disappearing and I fall through the world forever, I had a friend join my buddies game and the same thing happened to him.

I have had my buddy reinstall, delete appdata folders, and try all of this again.

He has reinstalled multiple times.

He has tried to revert back to stable A19 and then back to A20.

He has verified the game integrity.

He has turned off all antivirus/windows defender nonsense.

We have tried launching my game with no EAC.

He is able to join a random server from the server list with no issue.

I have even opened my ports as I know that used to be an issue a few patches ago.

His Specs

Ryzen 7 5800

16 GB RAM

RTX 3060 12GB

Windows 11

My Specs

i7 7700K

16 BG RAM

GTX 1070 FTW

Windows 10

My buddy joins at about 18:02

My PC(server) Logs https://pastebin.com/xe4xBidz

His Logs https://pastebin.com/gv08bUXS

Edit: Shortly after posting this, my buddy got a bunch of updates to Windows 11. Included was a .net framework update. Everything works fine now. Thanks for the hours of troubleshooting Microsoft!

Edited by Delahoussaye (see edit history)

Some things that I’m seeing. He is getting a litenetlib connection failure while trying to connect to your server. You seem to be running noth steamworks and litenetlib and steamworks. In your serverconfig file, try excluding steamworks from being used. There is a setting and explanation in the serverconfig file. I also see you are running mods….since many mods have not been updated to A20, if you’re still having issues then start a new vanilla game without mods and see if he can connect.