Little to no zombies

Stelios

Hello,

I'm playing in A20 with my friend on a server I host and we're having a blast with the new alpha. However, we are getting literally almost zero zombies at night, like literally past 2 nights we had absolutely zero zombies (before in alpha 19 after editing spawning.xml game was rly fun with a ton of zombies). In day time I guess it's a bit better when we explore, but no zombies spawn around our base at all. Tried downloading the x4 increased zombies, tried increasing spawning.xml to like spawncount=12 even and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance

Edited by Stelios
Adding text (see edit history)

You could try turning on feral sense at night and see if it helps. Otherwise post your server log and someone can look at it to see if there’s a problem. Instructions are in the pinned topic above about how to report problems. I don’t have any problems with not enough zombies on my server and I have no mods and haven’t edited any xmls.

1 hour ago, TRNR said:

Everytime I generate a world in A20 no matter the seed it generates almost entirely underwater with big land spikes every where. Is there anyway I can fix this so I can finally play A20?

This is usually due to generating an odd sized world. Rwg worlds must be multiples of 1024 So a 6k world is actually 6144, 8k is 8192 etc. So check the size of your world.

@Stelios I’m seeing zombies in your game, I’m just not sure if the number is correct or not. Khaines mod is causing an error so I’d remove it in case it is contributing to your problems. No mods are going to be fixed for A20 until it goes stable so, for now, mods should not be used. My suggestions…..remove the mod folder, change your spawning.xml back to vanilla and do what Beelzybub suggested and visit a city, especially the downtown section where zombie spawning is increased over normal to test whether zombie spawning is bugged. 

Update: after a lot of testing turns out zombie spawning issues is ONLY at and around my base. Everywhere else seems to be fine, but no zombies spawn and nearly no zombies come at night (like 10 maximum). Is there anything i Can do to that specific chunk? Resetting it will delete my base from what I understand.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Ever since the update to alpha 20 I've gotten 0 zombies in-game. At first I thought is was a mod I had, so I removed ALL mods, nothing. Then I deleted ALL 7 Days files from my computer and reinstalled and played a vanilla version followed by the modded version EACH for a couple of hours, but BOTH were empty of a single zombie. I have been playing modded 19 previously and it was fine, they were working, but nothing now. The zombies spawn in through console commands, but that's all. I even tried changing settings in the menu. Nothing works. HELP!!!!

1 hour ago, Beelzybub said:

spawing on.jpg

I SAID I even tried changing the settings in the menu. I switched it off then on, went into a game, nothing. I switched it off, went into the game then exited out and switched it on and went back in, nothing. I read somewhere to "switch on feral sense" nope.

Edited by fireidar (see edit history)