Tristam's a20 mod release thread.

Tristam

So I’ve been trying to get TA working on my server from nitrado for about 2 weeks now. Everytime I add it to the list it gets stuck at retrieving and loading configs when joining. I remove it and try to join and it loads right up. I’ve never encountered this problem before and have been driving myself insane on what is causing it.Please help me.  🥲

Edited by Carni (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Carni said:

So I’ve been trying to get TA working on my server from nitrado for about 2 weeks now. Everytime I add it to the list it gets stuck at retrieving and loading configs when joining. I remove it and try to join and it loads right up. I’ve never encountered this problem before and have been driving myself insane on what is causing it.Please help me.  🥲

Are the files installed on the client and the server?

4 hours ago, Carni said:

Idk how to help you, man.  I play SP, almost exclusively.

2 hours ago, Carni said:

Are there any mods it will not work with? Because I’m at a loss. There are no videos explaining the situation I’m in.

Case by case thing but yes.  Alphabetal order of your mods changes the load order as well, so bear that in mind.

10 hours ago, Carni said:

Nitrado isn't very mod friendly. I would recommend switching to another service. I had endless issues with it on a modded Empyrion server.

Yo Tristam, since we both are kind of working on the same thing (more or less) I wanted to let you know I was gonna release an update in a day or two with the following patch notes. I will also be releasing a proper SMX patch for both mods. I am renaming my mod to Tactical Weapons due to the large amount of changes I am making.

added proper groups to all weapons in items.xml
Added vanilla laser sight effects to modded laser sight (non-toggable)
Added vanilla light effects to modded light attachment (toggable)

Fixed all weapon animations and added missing ones
Removed a lot of unused particle effects and animations from all gun animations
Removed un-needed XML code for attachments
Removed non-vanilla muzzle flashes
Removed all pop-up chinese text when swapping to any weapon
All ammo and weapons show up in the proper spots in the UI
Removed metal ammo boxes, ammo bundles, and ammo crates
Removed TA pad modification, duplicate Scope4xACOG_TA31 modification
Changed ammo bench icon to avoid confusion on where items need to be crafted
Removed duplicate/unusable recipes
Added missing recipes

1 minute ago, Tristam said:

Just got a full time job.  So that's going to come first for a while.

One of the many reasons I am not into mod development as much as I want.  Full time job, wife and 2 kids and for the past few covid infested years housewifehusband too lol.

Good luck to you :)

3 hours ago, ViperInfinity said:

Yo Tristam, since we both are kind of working on the same thing (more or less) I wanted to let you know I was gonna release an update in a day or two with the following patch notes. I will also be releasing a proper SMX patch for both mods. I am renaming my mod to Tactical Weapons due to the large amount of changes I am making.

added proper groups to all weapons in items.xml
Added vanilla laser sight effects to modded laser sight (non-toggable)
Added vanilla light effects to modded light attachment (toggable)

Fixed all weapon animations and added missing ones
Removed a lot of unused particle effects and animations from all gun animations
Removed un-needed XML code for attachments
Removed non-vanilla muzzle flashes
Removed all pop-up chinese text when swapping to any weapon
All ammo and weapons show up in the proper spots in the UI
Removed metal ammo boxes, ammo bundles, and ammo crates
Removed TA pad modification, duplicate Scope4xACOG_TA31 modification
Changed ammo bench icon to avoid confusion on where items need to be crafted
Removed duplicate/unusable recipes
Added missing recipes

After seeing Tristam's news and your name change, maybe start a new thread on the main modding forum for it?

20 minutes ago, MikeyUK said:

After seeing Tristam's news and your name change, maybe start a new thread on the main modding forum for it?

I agree with MikeyUK here. With Tristam being out for a bit and you taking things in a bit of a different direction I think your mod warrants a thread of its own for sure. Great to report any issues without getting the two mods confused too.

6 hours ago, ate0ate said:

I agree with MikeyUK here. With Tristam being out for a bit and you taking things in a bit of a different direction I think your mod warrants a thread of its own for sure. Great to report any issues without getting the two mods confused too.

Third'd.

11 minutes ago, Rave_gaming_jj said:

I am having issues installing the mod. I have downloaded both the tac and smx file but still cannot get it working. Is there a discord channel that i can join to get help in what i am doing wrong?

Wrong thread.  You want Tactical Weapons.

• 4 months later...