Dedicated server blood moon time out after it ends?

Ralfi87

So I have setup a unmodded dedicated server on a personal server rack that i own. been a little difficult finding out the setting needed for this game but we haven't had any issues with our 16k RWG world, until tonight. at around 00:20 PST we had a blood moon and before it was ok with 3ish players, last night we had about 5 players on the server during this time. i personally was not on for the blood moon but from the information i got, it sounds like their were just too many zombies in one area? the server timed everyone out as well as coming back the zombies would just ignore the players or when they "shot off their heads" the body would continue to run. I am new with this game (played it for like 2 days) so not 100% sure what i need to do, I seen there are ways to edit the BM horde but was also told i could dedicate cores to the game as well.

My server spec.
Ryzen 3900X
64GB RAM
32TB raid storage (NAS)
GTX 970
— yes the GPU isn’t that great but usually isn’t needed to run dedicated games, and no their aren’t any other programs running while the 7DTD server is running.

i can send the log in email i have tried to upload to pastebin or the other site and no luck because of how big it is.

The game developers themselves have said 12k map is the largest you can generate and get to work. It might work when there are a couple of people on, but the more people, the more read/write functions and server hardware just can't keep up. You kind of answered your own question by saying when more people join is when it fails. If you can make it work consistently, there are a lot of people out there who will want to know how to do it. A20 is very different from A19 so just because 16k worked on A19 doesn't mean it will work on A20.

There is so much going on during a blood moon, tons of data being written and read about each zombie and each player, it comes down to the hardware reaching a limit and cannot keep up. 12K is the maximum world size that anyone has gotten to work with 8 players so far. Since this game is newer to you, a few versions ago we had working 16K servers running fine but the game has changed in development and that just isn't possible right now. Heck, for one alpha we had an infinite size map! Talk about never running out of places to visit.....

I do wonder though if I get a beefy M.2 and run this server on that wonder if that would help the read/write. It’s on a SSD. Doubt my hardware will be a issue with that the 3900X clock to 4.8k and can get it to 5.1 if I want. where I have it in my house it’s like it’s own AC. But then that would still probably bottleneck on the network speeds I have gigabit network so maybe?